Head of Compliance & MLRO – Fin Tech Start-up (Retail Banking Experience Required)
Our Client, a UK challenger bank start-up, is looking to appoint a Head of Compliance & MLRO. As part of the leadership team you will need to demonstrate the technical compliance ability and personal desire to step into a busy and dynamic environment overseeing all day-to-day Compliance and AML matters. Reporting to the CEO, duties will include:
• Full oversight and autonomous management of the established Compliance & AML functions.
• Advising the senior management team and more broadly the business on their existing and ongoing compliance obligations.
• Overseeing the CDD/KYC/AML/CTF/ABC policies and procedures and act as Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO);
• Work with the business to develop compliance procedures and controls, and provide commercially-orientated compliance advice;
• Development, management and execution of the compliance monitoring programme;
• Recruitment of a compliance team over time and management and mentoring of the team members;
• Board reporting and participation in leadership committees and business decisions;
• Regular and ongoing interaction and influencing of internal and external stakeholders, including investors, regulators and senior management team.
• Day-to-day management and operations of the compliance function, including financial promotions approval, staff training, reporting, register maintenance etc
The successful candidate will have gained significant senior level experience within the compliance function of another regulated financial services business, with at least two years gained in a retail banking environment.
This really is an exceptional opportunity to join a truly unique Fintech start-up that has developed an innovative and cutting-edge retail banking platform that is set to take the market by storm. They are extremely well back with serious and impressive investors who see the value and opportunity that this venture offers - so if you too are keen to be part of something new, exciting and ground breaking and believe you have the breadth of technical knowledge and can do, can solve and lets find a solution attitude to compliance and how it is applied to the rapidly changing face of financials services in the new technological world, then please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org