Group Risk & Compliance Manager
Group Risk & Compliance Manager
Identify risks, develop a strategic vision and proactively manage the risks and rewards of our business. Are you the expert who can easily coordinate, encourage others, and stimulates our growth?
Increase our maturity on risk, internal control and compliance as a Risk & Compliance Manager
The overall objective of the position is to coordinate and streamline all risk management and compliance activities of the organisation, in collaboration with the Head of Internal Audit and Risk Management. You will advise us of any potential risks that may affect BDR Thermea Group. We want you to provide us with a great assessment of our risk management policies and protocols, and to come up with recommendations to avoid threats and reduce risks. In addition, you’ll identify and share best practices on controls and procedures. You will specialise in a number of areas including:
You are the one who ensures our risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations and strategic imperatives of our organisation.
- Defining our strategic risk management vision and actively following up that strategy.
- Developing risk management tools, practices and policies to analyse and report risks and to manage those risks according to our risk management framework.
- Coordinating risk and policy compliance assessments and identifying strategic, operational and compliance risks.
- Acting as the first point of contact for the local market internal control and risk managers.
- Driving awareness for risk management activities throughout our group.
Internal Control & Compliance
It is up to you to ensure that the key rules and controls described in our policies are implemented in the organization. You will develop a strong working knowledge of Group Internal Governance and Internal Control Framework & policies, and play a key role in developing, implementing and improving a business process internal control framework.
You’ll successfully manage compliance by:
- Leading and coordinating internal control and policy compliance assessments across the group.
- Understanding IT control requirements, assisting the Group IT Director to identify and eradicate non-compliance, and ensuring group Internal Governance and Internal Control responses are completed efficiently and in time.
- Regularly visiting all sites to attain satisfaction on local control frameworks.
- Offering education and training opportunities to employees to ensure adequate awareness and understanding of internal control and policy compliance standards.
It’s in the details. Are you the qualified Risk & Compliance manager who increases our impact?
Wherever we are in the world, our business is based on talented people who are passionate, enthusiastic and eager to learn. In order to liaise with different people and parties, and to represent our Group interests at local markets, you need to be confident, convincing and able to communicate effectively. You’re able to gain respect easily with many stakeholders, and are pragmatic, logical and analytical. Instead of just identifying problems, we need you to be part of the decision making process and to persuade and encourage conformance to control requirements. You should also be willing to travel, as this role requires travel across Europe (up to 20% of your time).
Your background includes:
- A business or finance university degree, for example in business economics or accounting
- Preferably an internationally recognised professional designation, like Register Controller or
- Register Operational Auditor
- At least 5 years’ experience in audit and/or compliance management, risk management and internal control
- Previous experience with ERP systems and an understanding of the operational business environment in order to facilitate a major contribution
- Being competent in analyzing complex business processes, identifying risks and defining controls
- The ability to advise non-accountants of the financial impact of decisions
Working for a progressive, world leading group
We offer you a challenging and exciting working environment full of opportunities to learn and develop yourself both personally and professionally. At BDR Thermea Group, we help you foster the skills you need, increase your responsibilities and help you move from one challenge to another to accelerate personal development. You’ll receive a fair remuneration package, flexible working hours, and many opportunities to remain up-to-date with the latest sector developments through training courses.
What working at BDR Thermea Group means:
- An international career in a challenging environment
- Motivating people and getting them moving
- Working alongside passionate professionals who love what they do
- Continuously innovating and evaluating our product portfolio
- Joining a truly global community with a Head Office in Apeldoorn
This could be the next step in your career. Are you ready to take it?
Apply by clicking the 'Apply' button and submitting your CV and letter of motivation. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About BDR Thermea Group
We are a world leading manufacturer and distributor of sustainable climate and sanitary hot water solutions and services. With over 6,500 employees across Europe and annual sales close to €1.7 billion, we operate in over 82 countries worldwide. We own and sell many of the leading brands for heating products, including Baxi, De Dietrich, Remeha and Chappee.
Agency calls are not appreciated.