AM Risk Advisory
I am working with a Big Four Consultancy on a new hire within their growing Regulatory Strategy Team.
As an Assistant Manager you will have responsibility for:
- Leading the analysis and assessment of new regulatory requirements across capital markets, working with regulatory specialists to form points of view on the key issues and their strategic and operational implications for clients.
- Delivering and driving thought leadership on regulatory initiatives in capital markets by identifying relevant topics as regulations develop.
- Working closely and effectively with senior management team and stakeholders throughout the European network and beyond.
- Tracking new policy debates and identifying emerging topics.
- Developing assessments of the financial and operational effects of capital markets regulatory developments on clients and financial markets, with particular emphasis on the end-to-end trading landscape.
- Engaging with client facing teams to support them in regulatory impact analysis of specific issues and challenges.
We are looking for individuals with a strong track record of analysis and a natural intellectual curiosity about regulatory developments in capital markets. While we expect the Assistant Manager to focus on capital markets, the individual will be able to draw on expert input internally, so the candidate does not need to have specific experience across all capital markets products and services. However, a deep understanding of at least one of EMIR, MIFID II, CSDR, or SFTR will be an advantage.
The successful candidate for the role will have:
- 2-4 years of experience in a regulatory environment within the financial services industry. Previous experience is likely to have been within:
- a regulator, trade association or government department; or
- the compliance function of a bank, insurer or investment manager; or
- a similar role in a top accounting/legal/consulting firm.
- A solid understanding of key developments in capital markets regulation in the UK, Europe and internationally and of the regulatory rule-making process and political landscape.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to liaise and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to process large amounts of information and summarise it effectively.
- Excellent time and workload management skills, and the ability to work flexibly under pressure.
- Exceptional presentation and business writing skills, preferably with demonstrable experience in writing commercial thought leadership.
The ability to take a flexible approach to tackle a wide range of tasks including: analytical research, assistance with client presentations and report writing.
Apply for AM Risk Advisory
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly