Data Analytics Manager, Edinburgh
Oliver James Associates are engaged to find an Advanced Data Analytics Manager to be based in Edinburgh for their global leading client. The role is paying between £65,000 - £70,000 plus bonus, pension, PMI, car and extras which amount to additional £7,500 which can be taken as cash.
Data analytics increasingly unpins almost every business aspect, initiative and agenda - and is relied upon for all aspects of operations, analysis, decision-making, reporting and planning. Advances in technology, risk management, regulatory and media scrutiny means analytics moves closer to being a genuine board level priority.
To this end, the ability to manage business risk through improved insight from advanced analytics and data visualisation and establish the right controls, processes and structures is essential.
Our client therefore seeks profile which can demonstrate robust experience of :-
- Demonstrable experience of playing a key role within a large organisation's data and analytics function; performing advanced, varied and robust engagements cross-firm.
- Demonstrable experience of working with multiple business areas, stakeholders or clients in providing clear, actionable and valuable insights.
- Data analytics and visualisation products such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview
- Advanced data analytics, using platforms such as SAS, SPSS, R/S/S+
- Data quality, modelling and data cleansing techniques
- Understanding relevant industry regulation desirable (e.g. banking insurance, energy, utilities)
In addition, has demonstrable experience including:
- Ability to develop new ideas into structured, deliverable proposals and projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Understanding of the importance of managing risk and quality on data projects
- Desire to work in an exciting, yet rapidly changing environment
CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org