Market Risk Analyst
Job Title: Market Risk Analyst
Reporting to: Director of Risk
Aspect’s Risk Team is responsible for the oversight of market and operational risk throughout the Firm.
The Team’s market risk responsibilities comprise:
- day-to-day monitoring of market risks for all of Aspect’s client portfolios
- monitoring the integrity of Aspect’s market-facing business processes, including algorithmic execution
- contributing to the enhancement of market risk management
We are looking for a junior to mid-level candidate to contribute across the full spectrum of the Team’s market risk responsibilities. As such, the role will cover all of Aspect’s quantitative, systematic investment strategies. Our strategies invest in multi-asset class portfolios (futures, OTC FX, cleared OTC derivatives, equities, options) and are deployed in a range of alternative investment vehicles, regulated funds and segregated client mandates.
- Day-to-day monitoring of market, liquidity and counterparty risks for all client portfolios
- Escalation and resolution of any issues arising
- Setting up risk monitoring tools for new funds and accounts, and adapting pre-existing tools to reflect the changing requirements of the firm’s investment teams, investors and regulators
- Presentation of risk analysis to other internal teams, including investment and investor relations teams and senior management
- Furthering investment understanding through professional qualifications and training
Specific technical expertise, knowledge and/or experience required for the role
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline from a leading institution (MSc an advantage)
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar or related market-facing role
- A strong understanding of financial markets, risk management and analytics
- Strong interest in quantitative investment management and hedge funds
- Ability to work enthusiastically and effectively in a team environment, with a strong work ethic and good attention to detail
- Well organised and able to adhere to tight deadlines
- Articulate (written and verbal) with ability to communicate effectively with peers and senior management
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work with SQL databases to retrieve and analyse data would be an advantage, as would experience with dedicated risk management software and ability to work with high level languages such as Python or Matlab.
We are an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly believe in the benefits of a diverse workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age, however we are not in a position to sponsor candidates who hold a Tier 2 visa.
We offer a flexible working environment.
Please complete the application process and ensure that you include a covering letter explaining your interest in the role.