Group Senior Risk & Governance Manager
Our Client are a multi award winning Insurance provider established in the early 1900s. They have been ranked in the Sunday Times top 100 Best Companies to work for in their sector and as a company they focus heavily on employee development, offering constant support and a fantastic benefits package. They currently have a vacancy for a Group Senior Risk & Governance Manager based out of their North Yorkshire Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Head of Risk, principle duties include;
- Ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on application of the risk framework and risk appetite statements, whilst being open-minded to all factors including personal feedback.
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on risk management.
- Supporting the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Representing Governance, Risk & Compliance on projects as appropriate.
Key result areas;
- Leads and reports on activities that continuously assess the strategy and growth plans versus the Group’s risk framework and risk appetite statements.
- Establish and engage with an active first line of defence network of risk partners, providing advice, guidance and challenging.
- Ensure compliance to the Board approved risk tolerances are effective, escalate material exceptions.
- Review and challenge the causes of risk events and appropriateness of the mitigation actions. Report and escalate significant operational risk events.
- IRM Diploma or equivalent Qualified. Manager experience working in the risk management environment of a FCA regulated financial services business.
- Confident skills innovating new risk management practices and frameworks with extensive experience and knowledge of enterprise risk management principles and best practice..
- Confident communicator able to influence stakeholders and leverage/negotiate resources across the organisation to achieve goals and deliverables.
The company offer a generous and very competitive rewards package, including (but not limited to):
- On-site gym, free of charge to all employees
- Very generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular organised events to target employee development and celebrate success
- Healthcare, generous pension plan and corporate discounts
- Free parking and conveniently located
Raz Shariff, Senior Consultant on 0161 234 0320