Group Senior Risk Manager
Our Client are a multi award winning Insurance provider established in the early 1900s. They have been ranked in the Sunday Times top 100 Best Companies to work for in their sector and as a company they focus heavily on employee development, offering constant support and a fantastic benefits package. They currently have a vacancy for a Group Senior Risk Manager based out of their North Yorkshire Head Office.
Reporting directly to the Head of Risk, principle duties include;
- Extensive and proven experience of defining and implementing risk appetite statements and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on risk management.
- Supporting the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing risk training and support to key stakeholders, including Approved Persons and Key Function Holders.
Key result areas;
- Leads and reports on activities that continuously assess the strategy and growth plans versus the Group’s risk framework and risk appetite statements.
- Ensure compliance to the Board approved risk tolerances are effective, escalate material exceptions.
- Assess and report on the strategy and growth versus the internal risk profile and external environment. Review and challenge the causes of risk events and appropriateness of the mitigation actions. Report and escalate significant operational risk events.
- Provide advice and guidance based on sound understanding of the regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- IRM Diploma or equivalent Qualified. Manager experience working in the risk management environment of a FCA regulated financial services business.
- Confident skills innovating new risk management practices and frameworks with extensive experience and knowledge of enterprise risk management principles and best practice.
- Confident communicator able to influence stakeholders and leverage / negotiate resources across the organisation to achieve goals and deliverables.
- The company offer a generous and very competitive rewards package, including (but not limited to):
- On-site gym, free of charge to all employees
- Very generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular organised events to target employee development and celebrate success
- Healthcare, generous pension plan and corporate discounts
- Free parking and conveniently location
Raz Shariff, Senior Consultant at PSD Group
Apply for Group Senior Risk Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly