Data Protection & Business Continuity Manager
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are currently looking to recruit a Data Protection & Business Continuity Manager to maintain a secure framework for the management of its data and compliance with data protection legislation and to maintain an effective business continuity framework for the business.
The role will involve:
Provide specialist support to the business units and central functions to maintain compliance with its data protection obligations. Develop an enduring ‘second line’ data protection framework that will ensure that the business is able to maintain compliance with GDPR on a continuing basis
Work closely with the both Group and local Data Protection Officers, HR, Legal, Information Security, Marketing, Operations, Finance and Risk & Compliance functions to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are developed and implemented in order to maintain an effective control framework.
Maintain the business continuity and associated crisis management framework for the business, ensuring that there is continuing awareness of its requirements and that testing is undertaken on a regular basis.
Act as focal point for all aspects ofc. day to day compliance with data protection legislation:
- Providing advice on data protection
- Providing advice on marketing activities (email, SMS, telephone, post)
- Conducting data protection risk assessments
- Managing data subject access requests
- Identifying data processor/data controller roles and negotiating data protection terms in third party contracts
- Communication and co-operation with the ICO
- Reviewing data incidents and determining relevant actions and notifications
- Applying in-depth knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of data protection to achieve the completion of complex assignments.
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and related legislation such as PECR.
- Excellent knowledge of business continuity frameworks and how to implement them
- Good understanding of marketing guidelines and FCA regulations.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel and general IT skills
- Ensures that individually and as a firm we “Treat Customers Fairly”