MLRO (SMF 17) - Retail Banking/Cards
A leading retail bank is looking to recruit their first dedicated MLRO (SMF 17) to head their second line of defence function. The offers a variety of products including Cards, Deposits and Loans.
As the MLRO holding the SMF17 position you will have full responsibility and oversight of the Second. You will be responsible for setting the financial crime strategy, financial crime framework design and policy drafting. You will be reporting to the Head of Compliance with a dotted line into the Board.
You main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and presenting the Annual MLRO report to the Board and Risk Committee
- Overseeing the review and maintenance of all AML/FC/ABC policies covering the Bank’s products i.e. cards, retail deposits, loans
- Ensuring the business has effective AML/CTF control framework and procedures
- Keep the business informed of all changes to AML & Financial crime regulatory changes
- Ensure financial Crime training is reviewed and fit for purpose
- Liaise with the Onboarding, CDD and EDD Teams to ensure PEPs, Sanctions screening and transaction monitoring is effective.
- Keeping abreast of all industry guidance regarding Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) Financial Crime (FC) Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), Criminal finances Act 2017, CyberCrime Market Abuse and Data Security.
- Ensure the legal obligations stemming from the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and the 5th Money Laundering Directive are met.
Experience of operating at the Head of Financial Crime or DMLRO OR MLRO level previously within a Retail Bank, Consumer Credit or Payments institution will be highly desirable.
You will have extensive experience of drafting effective financial crime policies and procedures. You have a good knowledge of JMLSG guidelines, Bribery Act, Consumer Credit Regulations, 4MLD.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an establish retail banking business, take ownership of the Financial Crime function whilst building a team. This position has great potential to design and grow an effective financial crime function, lead board level engagement and have a lasting impact on the future of the organisation.
More searches like this
- Commercial & Retail Banking Regulation Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance Regulation Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Crime Regulation Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Regulation Regulation Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Banking Regulation Executive jobs in London (Central)