Group Senior Risk Manager
Our Client are a multi award winning Insurance provider established in the early 1900s. Today they service over 800,000 members across the UK and looking to recruit a Group Senior Risk Manager based out of their North Yorkshire Head Office.
Reporting to Head of Risk & Compliance, principle duties include;
- Leads and reports on activities that continuously assess the strategy and growth plans versus the Group’s Health risk framework and risk appetite statements
- Establish and engage with first line of defence network of risk partners, providing advice, guidance and challenge processes to achieve best practice.
- Ensure the Board on approved risk tolerances are effective, escalating material exceptions
- Assess and report on the strategy and growth versus the internal risk profile and external environment.
- Review and challenge the causes of risk events and appropriateness of the mitigation actions. Report and escalate significant operational risk events
- Participate in stress testing for key risks to identify potential vulnerabilities
- Provide advice and guidance based on sound understanding of the regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on application of the risk framework and risk appetite statements, whilst being open-minded to all factors including personal feedback.
- Extensive and proven experience of defining and implementing risk appetite statements and key performance indicators.
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on risk management.
- Supporting the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing risk training and support to key stakeholders, including Approved Persons and Key Function Holders.
- Representing Governance, Risk & Compliance on projects as appropriate.
- IRM Diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
Raz Shariff, Senior Consultant on 0161 234 0320
Apply for Group Senior Risk Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly