Senior FCA Compliance Manager
Senior FCA Compliance Manager
This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Senior FCA Compliance Manager. You will act as a member of the Risk leadership team and be the central point of contact for all FCA and consumer credit queries.
So why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a huge programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
This is a senior position within the Group Risk team and will require you to lead on creating and maintaining an environment in which senior management and the business is able to comply with UK regulatory requirements relating to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) consumer credit regime.
You will have demonstrable experience of compliance in an FCA regulated environment and be able to advise on the FCA regulations, specifically in relation to consumer credit, and act as a champion of the compliance framework, creating an FCA Centre of Excellence within the Group Risk function.
You will manage a team of two - a Junior FCA Compliance Manager and an FCA Compliance Analyst. The Senior FCA Compliance Manager will report in to the Director of Group Risk.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a risk based FCA compliance monitoring programme
- Producing risk assessments and preparing risk monitoring work programmes
- Imbedding the three lines of defence compliance model across the regulated business
- Ensuring that the annual FCA compliance monitoring plan is achieved
- Collating, reviewing and presenting key compliance metrics to the board of directors and Director of Group Risk on an ongoing basis. Continually improving on the Management Information provided and tracking actions through to completion;
- Managing the output of the FCA Compliance team; and
Everyone in our Risk team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Senior FCA Compliance Manager we would want you to have:
- Ability to work well under pressure, delegate and prioritise work
- Demonstrable experience of advising on compliance and monitoring within a consumer credit environment
- Ability to oversee risk management policies and procedures
- Strong communication skills, including the confidence to interact with and challenge senior directors across the business
- Strong commercial awareness regarding the impact of Risk on the business
- Strong sense of business ethics
- Ability to manage complex projects seeing them through to completion
- Ability to appropriately challenge information and get to the heart of a matter
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK, as and when required
- Educated to degree level, in an academic subject
- Current and detailed knowledge of FCA rules and regulatory requirements in relation to consumer credit
- Experience within a consumer facing environment
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!
We are proud to work with Everywoman to champion the advancement of women in business, and through our partnership with Scope to help one million disabled people get into and stay in work by the end of 2020. We strive to build a diverse and sustainable workforce where gender balance and parity are integral features of our workplace, and where disabled candidates and employees can confidently perform to their full potential through our Work with Me adjustment process. If you are thinking about applying for a job with us and have a condition or impairment that could impact your performance we’ll be happy to work with you to explore adjustment options
Come and be a part of something special. Join us!