Chief Risk Officer - London
Chief Risk Officer - London
This privately equity backed financial services is looking for a Chief Risk Officer. We are seeking an established commercially agile professional with broad experience in risk management framework development through to being a leader of change in the business.
The core of this role focus comprise around understanding the Groups risk profile through creation and management of the risk framework. This will be achieved both internally through MD engagement and externally as the engaging stakeholders internally and externally to be able to clearly articulate and manage third party and counter party relationships.
A secondary core element to the role will be oversight and leadership of corporate legal (product in the market, regulations, responsibility of ownership), client legal (such as consumer legal) and compliance.
You will have experience in the following areas:
- Risk framework – you will have looked at integrated mechanics of a business and use your ‘architect’ skills to construct and manage a rigid and comprehensive framework
- Partner role – as a core member of the C-Suite leadership team you will need to be commercial and hands on, quantitative focused, must be financially and numerically literate. Constructing robust MI will be essential
- Front Facing – you will have experience and proven ability in partnership relationships and working with counterparty’s the lead spokesperson for the business for both internal and external communications. Breadth of knowledge and is a given but historical experience within financial services (Fund mngt, bank disruption, regulators) would be ideal
We are seeking an individual ideally with a legal background/ early career legal experience ,although that is not a perquisite, that has moved into the risk space, you must have an oversight of FCA/CRA as well as an understanding of portfolio management, governance, policy, risk appetite, financial reporting, management reporting, programme design and management, analytics, organisation design, team management, sanctioning/underwriting, collections and recoveries performance, financial risk measurement (impairment and capital).
- Track record of advising at all levels of the organisation, including to executives, CEO and Board level.
- A demonstrable, pro-active, commercial and solutions led approach to risk and compliance.
- Proven project management skills with a focus on delivery and results.
- Communicate complex issues in a non-technical way to business and functional stakeholders and senior management.
- Lead and motivate a team to deliver excellent performance.
- Academically strong with an agile and curious mind for continuous development. Ideally with a core training in a legal background/ discipline.
- Driven, motivated and collaborative.
- Self sufficient
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills.
- To be able to think on your feet and make quick decisions.
- Thrive in high impact/high profile situations.
- You will have experience working with and managing the FCA/ IPA
- Ideally you will have spent time in a reputable Financial services organisation
More searches like this
- Corporate Banking Risk Director Management jobs in Hertfordshire
- Investment Banking Risk Director Management jobs in Hertfordshire
- Private Banking / Wealth Management Risk Director Management jobs in Hertfordshire
- Risk Management Risk Director Management jobs in Hertfordshire
- Banking Risk Director Management jobs in Hertfordshire