Operational Risk Analyst
I am working with an established Insurance firm based in Hertfordshire. Due to growth they are looking for an Operational Risk Analyst to join their successful team
Risk Management Oversight
- Perform quality assurance and trend analysis on operational risk data to ensure business actions are appropriate and that records within systems demonstrate the management of these actions are both accurately and timely for all stakeholders.
- Support operational risk managers in the update and communication of the operational risk methodology across the group.
- Handle operational risk queries from the across the business providing support and advice.
- Participate in Risk Reviews with Operational Risk managers to provide assurance on appropriateness of risk identification and mitigation in key operational areas. Discuss and recommend control improvements with business line management as appropriate.
- Work with other members of the team to make observations on whether the processes and procedures adopted by the business are compliant with applicable internal and external requirements and best practice internal control system design.
- Support the process that calculates the appropriate level of operational risk capital for the business.
- Complete analysis of Business Management's own operational risk self-assessments to draw out gaps and inconsistencies.
- Participate in the assessment of aggregate corporate level risk exposures to support the regular risk reporting to the various governance committees.
- Work with other members of the team to provide input and feedback to the organisation on adequacy of risk management based on analysis of outputs from designated business areas and risk reviews.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders around the business on an on-going basis.
- Work collaboratively with the other risk control functions (including Information Security, Financial Risk Management, Group Risk Management functions and Compliance), and Governance teams to help ensure an agreed holistic risk assessment is produced.
- Independence of thought, coupled with a willingness to raise concerns and challenge the status quo in a constructive manner.
- Good problem solver with the ability to analyse and understand complex business processes quickly.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a variety of different stakeholders.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in your approach supporting the overall Team objective as appropriate.
- Attention to detail and timeliness in delivery.
Strong communication skills both oral and written.
Apply for Operational Risk Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly