Senior Operational Risk Manager
ORX helps the global financial services industry measure and manage operational risk. We research, improve understanding and share knowledge to benefit our members and the wider sector.
We're a dynamic, fast-growing, international industry association with a membership of over 95 leading banks and insurers from more than 20 countries. We are continuing to grow our membership and range of services in 2018.
This role is part of ORX’s Research and Information team. This is where thought leadership, evidence based research and related member events are designed, planned and delivered.
This role provides a challenging and rewarding opportunity to work with the foremost figures from the global operational risk industry.
You will lead important elements of the ORX research programme, creating consensus and facilitating change at an industry level. Our research programme focuses on the enhancement of operational risk management frameworks and methodologies in the financial services industries. It enables organisations to benchmark their capabilities against peers. It also involves risk-specific studies such as conduct or cyber risk.
An important focus of the role will also be to lead the development of new ORX information services. This will involve interacting with financial services organisations to identify their needs and deliver products that create real value and enhance operational risk management. You will need to be an excellent communicator, delivery focused and a confident thought-leader. You'll be operating closely with the top global senior executives in the industry, so must be credible and authoritative in the subject matter.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Defining, leading and executing operational risk framework, methodology and risk specific research projects
- Ensuring that project outputs are value-adding (through feedback from member organisations)
- Building strong relationships with ORX members participating in projects, canvassing opinion objectively and thoroughly
- Being the account/relationship manager for a set of ORX member organisations, ensuring they are engaged and getting value from their membership
- Presenting at ORX forums and other industry meetings
- Supporting the development and achievement of the ORX business plan and strategy, as one of the most senior colleagues in the business
- Supporting the development of other ORX staff through coaching and training
- Some occasional travel will be required as part of this role
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Delivery of reports based on original research and analysis
- Demonstrable success in delivering projects
- Interest in financial services
- Experience in management/matrix management of staff
- Strong influencer at senior levels
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to understand and summarise complex concepts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly those acquired in working with remote customers and suppliers
- Pro-active, self-motivated and highly organised
- Display a service philosophy, be patient, proactive, persistent to meet customer needs
- Have highest standards of professionalism, business ethics, confidentiality and drive to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt in a changing environment
- Degree/Master’s degree or equivalent in Research, Risk Management or related subject matters
- Risk Management qualifications (e.g. IRM)
- 5+ years’ experience working within financial services
- 5+ years’ experience within Operational Risk management roles
- Experience of operating in an international environment
At ORX we manage and have control of highly confidential data. The successful candidate will have to make specific commitments in this regard and may be subject to background checks.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We create an environment where everyone has an equal chance to succeed, during our recruitment phase and through their career at ORX.
At ORX, we work hard for our members, while recognising the importance of the well-being and work-life balance of our staff.
More searches like this
- Enterprise Risk Senior Risk Manager Management jobs in South East England
- Compliance Senior Risk Manager Management jobs in South East England
- Financial Crime Senior Risk Manager Management jobs in South East England
- Operational Risk Senior Risk Manager Management jobs in South East England
- Risk Management Senior Risk Manager Management jobs in South East England