Supervision Analysts in the Internal Models Division
Reference: 2018-060-EXT S
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract until 30. June 2021, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
Who can apply: EU nationals
Salary: E/F band and benefits
Working time: Full-time
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 21 March 2018
The ECB is an integral part of the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM), the operational framework for banking supervision in Europe, along with the national supervisory authorities of the participating countries.
You will be part of the Internal Models Division in the Directorate General Microprudential Supervision IV. The Division’s main task is to ensure the consistency of supervisory approaches and the uniform implementation of internal models used by credit institutions. This it does by checking that model assessment reports are consistent and by preparing draft decisions on internal model investigations, which are submitted to the Supervisory Board.
The Division also supports the Joint Supervisory Teams on ongoing model monitoring and model-related issues as a subject matter expert on Pillar 1 models. Furthermore, it participates in the development of internal model-related regulations, supervisory policies and methodologies.
As a Supervision Analyst, you will work in one of two sections concerned with credit risk. We are therefore currently seeking candidates with credit risk model profiles.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Supervision Analyst you will:
- check the consistency of model assessment reports and prepare draft decisions on internal model investigations;
- support the development of supervisory standards and methodologies, as well as the drafting and presentation of policies and procedures concerning the approval and ongoing supervision of internal models;
- contribute to the preparation of (international) working groups;
- highlight opportunities for increasing the overall consistency of approaches specified and decisions taken for the monitoring and review of credit institutions’ internal models (e.g. the Targeted Review of Internal Models – TRIM);
- design tools that promote the convergence and assess the adequacy of models;
- participate in on-site internal model investigations;
- support projects in all phases (e.g. the Targeted Review of Internal Models – TRIM and ongoing model monitoring tasks, such as benchmarking or the validation of reporting requirements);
- contribute to the development, maintenance and enhancement of model-related information collection (e.g. databases) and perform data analysis.
You will have excellent opportunities to contribute to the supervision of one of the world’s largest and most complex banking sectors and have an impact on making its banks more resilient for the benefit of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferably in mathematics, physics, statistics, economics, finance or econometrics) or relevant professional qualifications and at least six years’ relevant professional experience;
- proven experience with internal risk models, ideally with two years’ relevant professional experience in supporting the building or reviewing of internal risk models;
- proven experience in preparing and giving structured and convincing presentations on project proposals, results or key messages of a technical or operational nature to stakeholders;
- an advanced command of English with proven drafting ability and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- a good understanding of the Capital Requirements Directive IV (CRD IV) and the Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR), as well as of associated technical standards;
- proven experience in drafting or assessing model-related technical documentation or data;
- experience in developing databases and program code and in using statistical packages;
- experience in defining and implementing internal model-related business processes;
- internal modelling expertise in a commercial bank.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
Working for European banking supervision involves spending short periods of time abroad for on-site visits or training. Playing a role in European banking supervision also entails collaborating in multinational and multicultural teams and operating in the context of different national frameworks, for which a strong ability to use different EU languages for business purposes is an asset.
We are willing to discuss part-time arrangements.
The contract offered will be fixed-term, the appointment being for three years as of the exact starting date of the selected person.
The recruitment process for this position may include a remote written exercise and/or pre-recorded video interview at the pre-screening stage, and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise, a presentation and panel interviews.
Application and selection process
Find more information under “How you can join us”:
More searches like this
- Commercial & Retail Banking Statistical Analyst Officer jobs in Nationwide
- Corporate Banking Statistical Analyst Officer jobs in Nationwide
- Investment Banking Statistical Analyst Officer jobs in Nationwide
- Operational Risk Statistical Analyst Officer jobs in Nationwide
- Private Banking / Wealth Management Statistical Analyst Officer jobs in Nationwide