Modelling Analyst-Decision Science
As a Modelling Analyst, you will be based in the Central Manchester office and will support the Decision Science team with the production and development of operational and financial pricing models.
One of the UK’s largest and fastest growing FS businesses in their sector. Established over 10 years ago, the company is expanding through organic growth and selected acquisitions and now operates across Europe as well as the UK.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Modelling Analyst:
- Create and provide support for statistical models – predictive, descriptive, segmentation, lifetime value, estimated remaining collections, etc.
- Performance monitoring and diagnostic analysis
- Create reports and conduct post model build diagnostics
- Provide insight into model assumptions and performance
- Creating, validating, and implementing simple models independently, as well as working as part of a team to produce larger suites of related models
The ideal candidate for this Modelling Analyst opportunity will have the following knowledge, experience and understanding:
- Educated to degree level – degree in a quantitative field e.g. maths/ statistics/ physics/ computer science/ economics
- Knowledge and experience of common statistical methods and statistical modelling
- Problem solving and investigative/diagnostic skills
- Hands on experience in SQL, SAS or other coding languages
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Interpersonal skills/good team player
- Data-focused programming experience, especially including simulations
- Familiarity with forecasting
- Knowledge of financial analytics and a background in financial services
- An understanding of governance and risk frameworks e.g. FCA
More searches like this
- Commercial & Retail Banking Scorecard Analyst Executive jobs in Manchester
- Credit Risk Scorecard Analyst Executive jobs in Manchester
- Quantitative Analytics Scorecard Analyst Executive jobs in Manchester
- Risk Management Scorecard Analyst Executive jobs in Manchester
- Banking Scorecard Analyst Executive jobs in Manchester