Interim Compliance Officer - Retail £300 - £400 per day
Interim Retail Compliance Officer within the Global Compliance Team, reporting to the Retail Compliance Director in UK. The position is to support the Compliance Director in providing compliance and financial crime support to the Direct Bank in preparation for launch and in the initial stages of go-live. As such, this is a temporary position which provides an opportunity to be involved during an exciting stage of business development.
Responsibilities will include compliance review and feedback on the developing Bank operational procedures and outputs of testing. It will also involve significant work in review and feedback on financial promotions and customer communications, providing regular updates to the Compliance Director for approvals to be granted. The role will also involve supporting the Compliance Director in building the compliance and financial crime framework prior to go-live, as well as undertaking compliance activities during the launch period.
The role requires an individual who has direct experience of working in a personal banking compliance role with deposit-taking experience, and someone who has a positive can-do attitude that embraces the opportunity to be involved in new opportunities. The role holder is likely to be someone looking to develop their experience across a broad range of retail banking compliance matters related to deposit-taking; and should have good communication and stakeholder management skills, combined with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
The role-holder will take an active support role in developing compliance policies and framework relating to the Bank. The role holder will also support the Compliance Director in developing the rolling risk-based compliance monitoring programme relating to the Bank.
List of responsibilities:
- Support the Compliance Director in providing advice and guidance in respect of regulatory requirements relating to conduct risk and financial crime.
- Undertake regular horizon scanning for relevant regulator and industry outputs relating to retail banking.
- Assist in developing effective compliance and financial crime policies and procedures
- Review and provide feedback on customer-facing materials, including template letters, financial promotions, website content and product terms and conditions. Where relevant provide compliance review of business procedures
- Assist in developing financial crime processes for Compliance
- Assist in developing compliance training for Bank. Where relevant, take part in face to face delivery of compliance training.
- Assist in development of the compliance monitoring programme of activity for Bank.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
Specific essential skills would include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a retail bank, with demonstrable experience within compliance
- Awareness of the FCA rules relevant to retail deposit-taking, including BCOBS, ML Regulations, DISP, SYSC, GDPR
- As a minimum, demonstrable experience of financial promotions and customer communications OR AML/Sanctions/financial crime issues relating to retail deposit-taking. Ideally having experience of both.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate contribution to an open and honest culture
- Operating within a compliance monitoring programme
- Experience of working with outsourced service providers and the associated risk
More searches like this
- Commercial & Retail Banking Compliance Manager Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance Compliance Manager Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Crime Compliance Manager Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Regulation Compliance Manager Executive jobs in London (Central)
- Banking Compliance Manager Executive jobs in London (Central)