Head of Compliance & MLRO – FCA & Retail Finance Experience Required
Our client, a niche financing firm are looking for a Head of Compliance & MLRO to deliver and maintain compliance with all relevant regulation including the FCA Handbook, Money Laundering, consumer credit legislation and other relevant legislation & regulation. Reporting to the CEO, duties will include:
• Oversight of the risk & compliance function across the organization, including FCA, consumer credit requirements, data protection and AML. Promote best practice. Oversight of customer complaints. Oversight of issues relating to financial crime and financial crime reporting. Implementation of compliance monitoring and staff training.
• Develop and lead formulation of risk & compliance strategy, budgets, policies and procedures in conjunction with management team. Responsible for producing and updating organisation charts and all records required by FCA and other regulators.
• Act as MLRO and as point person for the FCA, Financial Ombudsman, ICO and other regulators/government agencies, ensuring effective liaison. Build strong relationships with all regulators. Coordinate any visits, investigations and documented responses regarding regulators.
• Ensure that senior management are kept aware of all material regulatory and compliance issues and that potential regulatory breaches are identified and acted on. Ensure that the organisation remains in full compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice and internal policies.
• Responsible for all reporting to the FCA and other regulators.
• Provide risk & compliance input into companywide projects and initiatives to help ensure new products, new business lines, new distribution channels and new processes are designed so as to ensure compliance.
You should have an in-depth understanding of the compliance regulations applicable to retail customers (either already including consumer finance or else willing to pick up quickly), relevant FCA rules, anti-financial crime legislation and money laundering rules.
You should also have good leadership skills and ability to work as part of a tight-knit team, confident and robust but also able to be discreet and diplomatic, able to deal with customers and branch personnel on the one hand and senior regulators on the other.
For further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please feel free to call Darren Ruskin on 020 7330 6961 or send your details to him at email@example.com
Compliance Recruitment Solutions Limited (CRS) are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge