Compliance Assurance Officer
To carry out compliance assurance reviews and tasks as directed by the Group Head of Risk and Compliance in accordance with the Compliance Assurance Plan.
The Client: National consumer credit business with strong market reputation.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Ongoing review and development of the risk based compliance assurance frameworks to ensure it covers all regulators and regulations relevant to the business
- Undertake risk based compliance reviews, providing assurance to relevant boards and committees on the effectiveness and adequacy of systems and controls in the business, including adherence to regulatory requirement
- Ensure actions are tracked and completed in line with agreed timescales, validating submitted evidence before agreeing closure
- Maintain clear, appropriate and accessible records
- Support the production of clear and effective management information for governance committee reporting purposes
- Assists in the completion and collation of the compliance risk assessment
- Undertakes additional project work as directed by the Group Head of Risk and Compliance
- Assist in promoting a compliant culture in the course of work and interaction with the business
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a monitoring or audit capacity, in a UK regulated financial services business
- Understanding of risk and control environment
- Analytical problems solving and project management skills
- Able to recommend practical solutions
- Strong customer awareness and a desire to “do the right thing”
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in written and oral communication to a high standard.
- Ability to be flexible and work within a fast paced changing environment
- The ability to build strong and constructive relationships and work in partnership with key stakeholders
- Able to work individually but also collaboratively as part of a team