Senior Advisory Officer-Mortgages/MCOB's
Financial Services firm focused in the lending space are looking to hire an experienced Compliance Advisor to join an established yet growing Compliance function. The addition is part of a wider company focused growth as the business moves forward. The Senior Advisory Officer will provide the necessary advice and support, to ensure that both the current and future activity of the company is customer centric, and complies with its regulatory obligations. The position will be based out of the firms Manchester HQ, with the offices easily commutable from all locations across the north west.
The Senior Advisory Officer will have a wealth of experience within financial services, with a strong working knowledge of FCA regulations, specifically MCOBs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop the Advisory function.
- Support the continuous improvement and development of the Compliance Advisory function.
- Oversee regulatory change management to deliver the right customer and operational outcomes.
- Provide regulatory and conduct risk opinion on highly complex regulatory change projects
- Coach and mentor more junior members within the team.
- Ensure that conduct and regulatory risks are appropriately evaluated to deliver the right customer and operational outcomes.
- Provide regulatory and conduct advice to encourage safe growth and protection for the company.
- Encourage a positive compliance culture within the business.
- Experience of working directly with the FCA.
- Previous experience of working in a Mortgage environment / MCOBS knowledge.
- Full CeMAP or equivalent qualification.
- A natural appetite and inquisitive mind for horizon-scanning that can think laterally about any potential consequences for the company.
- A natural tendency to interpret a situation and foresee opportunities or risks for the team / company and act and escalate appropriately.