Title: Executive Director
Office: Home office with frequent travel
Employment Duration: Permanent (if employment), or 2 year extendable (if company contract)
Contract type: Either employment or contract
Starting Date: 1 October 2018 preferred
Position: Full time
Application Deadline: 15 December 2017, however applications will be processed when received
About Global Credit Data:
The Global Credit Data Consortium (the Association) is a non-profit registered association owned by 53 banks and financial institutions around the world. Its mission is to help banks understand and model their credit risks. Activities include pooling of credit loss data, especially for low default portfolios; providing benchmarks; facilitating knowledge exchange and fostering research. Through its staff of 9 persons in Europe and North America, the Association runs databases, working groups, conferences and performs analytics, all dedicated to the needs of its members.
The Global Credit Data Consortium seeks a new Executive Director to take on the most senior executive leadership role of the association. The successful candidate will be responsible for all activities and operations of the association, including managing personnel, carrying out the strategy of the Board and representing the association in the financial community.
- Ensure development of the relationship and services with existing members
- Promote the benefits of membership of the Association to senior persons at banks and other finance industry companies, both to existing and potential members
- Represent the association towards finance industry bodies, including regulators, consultants and other industry associations
- Supervise the executives and managers, suppliers and consultants, including comprehensive resource planning and development
- Ensure proper administration of the association, including organising the finance function, secretariat and general meetings
- Work with the Board to develop and enhance the vision for the association
- Develop and implement activity, marketing, business and product development strategies for the Association
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Strong banking sector experience and a large international network of contacts at the highest levels
- Extensive experience in Banking industry credit risk measurement practices and recent regulatory developments
- Proven track record as a manager, able to lead, coach and develop staff; programme management experience would be a plus
- Experience in managing a cost centre and preferably also a revenue centre, experience running a member driven association would be a plus
- Strong marketing and personal relations skills
- Self-motivated and with flexible working-hours
- Relevant University degree(s)
- A proven record of absolute discretion in treating confidential and restricted information;
- Team player, with good communicative and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English. Other languages would be a plus.
Global Credit Data is registered in The Netherlands, where many of the executives are located. We are recruiting a person who has the right to live and work in Europe. All executives work from their own home office, with Global Credit Data supplying relevant materials. Global Credit Data has a policy to offer remuneration competitive with similar roles in the Finance Industry.
Global Credit Data executives are either hired directly as full time permanent employees or on full time exclusive consultant contracts. Global Credit data has a policy of equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff.
For more information or to apply in confidence please contact the Chairman of the Board, Mr Theo van Drunen by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org