Compliance Manager - Property Finance
We continue to grow and are looking to add a Compliance Manager to our Property Finance division in Brentwood. Reporting to the Head of Conduct Risk and Customer Management, the Compliance Manager - Property Finance will be in the First Line. They will need to deliver effective oversight and advice, regarding compliance with policies, procedures, systems controls and governance of Shawbrook Bank. They will be expected to provide technical and practical advice to the teams as well as engaging in wider project activity where relevant.
Key responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Provide the Risk Directors and Managers with regular updates on compliance matters relating to the Property Finance Division, including on emerging issues/incidents and progress in addressing findings from second & third line monitoring reviews.
- Attend divisional risk management governance meetings, to share regulatory risks identified and work with the division to enhance controls as appropriate.
- Ensure maintenance and awareness of regulatory developments, particularly in the mortgage market, through regular liaison with the Second line Regulatory Change Team.
- Alongside the Second line Compliance Team, provide and oversee the provision of advice to the Property Finance Division on issues relating to their business, including the development and launch of new products, new business models and new functional processes.
- Support the management of the conduct risk framework for the division through regular review of key controls and compliance with Group policies, in order to ensure we operate within risk appetite.
- Collate informative compliance and conduct MI for risk and executive committees.
- Conduct periodic reviews of key activities and provide recommendations for Risk Directors and Managers to take forward.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience:
- Hold an appropriate professional qualification (minimum ICA Certificate in Compliance) preferred.
- Broad and deep knowledge of financial regulation, with particular specialist knowledge of mortgage regulation and the FCA's Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules.
- Extensive experience of operating in the Compliance function of a regulated bank or mortgage lender.
- Commercial awareness and focus on application of regulation within the commercial property and regulated mortgage market.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills.