Credit Risk Analyst
Credit Risk Analyst
This is an exciting and challenging position for a highly motivated and energetic individual who is looking to advance their career in financial services. You must enjoy working in a very fast-paced, highly flexible, dynamic environment. The role will be a risk analyst working with all aspects of a set of consumer lending products. This is a role for a talented professional with a highly analytical mind, who has tremendous self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly.
Based in Cardiff or London, this role is responsible for developing analysis for monitoring and enhancing the policies and strategies throughout the customer life cycle for a suite of lending products.
They will support the Senior Analysts and report to the Analysis Manager.
A degree or equivalent in an analytical or mathematical subject is essential (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing) as is a grounding of experience within a similar role. Full training, support and mentoring will be given to develop a career in financial services as a risk analyst.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
- Provide business with data based insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, marketing activity, application process, strategy design, collections activities and operations processes.
- Build and develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and enhance credit and fraud risk strategies and policies.
- Produce reporting to monitor and provide insight across the customer journey and lifecycle, making recommendations to change current processes and strategies.
- Provide insight into portfolio and segment trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI.
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver projects.
- Good relevant degree from a reputable university/college or equivalent in technical field (e.g. mathematics, physics, statistics or computing)
- Experienced user of SQL, ideally MS SQL Server but other similar RDBMS are acceptable
- Some experience of SAS or other statistical analysis tool (R, SPSS, Stata, etc.)
- Highly proficient using Excel and/or other graphical analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely self-motivated / Operate independently
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard level CRB, credit and identity check.