Data Protection Consultant
Data Protection Consultant
£53,000 to £66,000 + 12% Car Allowance + 20% Completion Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
8 Months Fixed Term Contract
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of being a key figure, supporting our Data Protection Officer in shaping the future of data protection at the Phoenix Group. You will play a crucial part in providing expert advice for the Group on its obligations under data protection legislation, delivering training and presentations, as well as implementing and maintaining a framework for managing data protection under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we have 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
Part of the Group Risk Function you will report to the Data Protection Officer, supporting them in implementing and maintaining a framework for managing data protection. In addition, there will be a focus on the following:
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer as the point of contact for employees and customers on data protection matters
- Assisting the Data Protection Officer in devising, implementing and maintaining data protection policies, guidelines, training and associated materials for the Group
- Promoting data privacy compliance within the Group including delivering data protection training and presentations.
- Assisting in devising, implementing and collating data protection reporting metrics
- Ensuring data protection training programmes across the Group are completed on time and chase non-completers
- Supporting the GDPR implementation project across the Group
- Assisting in collating, tracking monitoring and responding to subject access requests, data protection complaints and privacy impact assessments
- Assisting in collating, tracking monitoring and responding to data protection breach investigations and any required notifications
You will have:
- Proven in-depth Data Protection experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Experience in national and European data protection laws and practices including an in-depth understanding of the GDPR
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
- (Desirable) ISEB qualification in data protection or CIPP/E
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
Submit your application via the apply button.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Monday 16th October 2017