Data Protection Officer
As part of our continued growth strategy we are looking to recruit a Data Protection Officer to join our high performing compliance function. As Data Protection Officer you'll be responsible for devising and delivering the strategy for Shawbrook Bank in relation to privacy, data protection compliance and information governance. As part of this key role, you'll support the Bank's implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation and ensure the Bank's compliance with all aspects of privacy and data protection and information standards.
Key responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Advising on the Bank's obligations under GDPR and other applicable data protection and information regulations.
- Leading the Bank's data protection awareness programme, devising and delivering regular data protection training to staff across the Bank.
- Advising on Data breach incidents and internal investigations.
- Active member of the Bank's Enterprise Risk Management Committee.
- Develop the Bank's data protection framework, policies and processes.
- Preparing reports and MI for the Bank's Executive Management and the Board.
Suitable candidates will have the following experience/knowledge:
- Demonstrable knowledge of data protection law and practice and how they impact the Banking industry.
- In depth understanding of the financial services sector with
- Strong communication skills, demonstrable track record of achieving consensual outcomes across various levels.
- Previous exposure to implementing Data Protection policy changes within a financial services environment would be looked upon favourably.