Conduct Advisory - CurrencyPay
Join us in London in the role of Conduct Advisory - CurrencyPay
• This is a fantastic opportunity to work on supporting a critical and high profile initiative for NatWest Markets (NWM) involving innovative banking and payment technology
• You'll contribute to a key initiative that ensures we remain competitive in developing fintech environment
• We'll look to you to lead to opportunities in investment banking and financial markets from a risk and compliance perspective
• We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your we'll being and professional development, which is why we offer a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
This role will see you joining a small and dedicated team within our Conduct advisory function, responsible for providing coverage to trading and investment banking businesses of NWM. Your primary focus will be on CurrencyPay but you'll also collaborate with the wider team on a variety of activities.
You'll be responsible for providing compliance support to the CurrencyPay business. This will involve advising internal NWM CurrencyPay stakeholders on all applicable aspects regulations such as the Second Payment Services Directive (and evolving Regulatory Technical Standards), Open Banking, and Payment Services Regulations.
Your responsibilities will also include:
• Representing CurrencyPay’s requirements in respect of any external consultations on relevant standards and regulations
• Advising on ring-fencing requirements as they relate to providing payment services from the ring-fenced bank to the non-ring-fenced bank (where the non-ring-fenced bank will be treated as a third party)
• Representing CurrencyPay internally in RBS discussions concerning relevant standards, regulations, and other matters
• Advising on CurrencyPay’s utilisation of Open Banking offerings by other banks
• Supporting the escalation and resolution of any customer complaints in accordance with applicable standards and regulations
The skills you'll need
To be successful in this role, it is essential that you have Payment Services Regulations experience as we'll as knowledge of financial markets. You'll need experience of customer facing technology, and knowledge of retail banking or retail consumer compliance requirements.
You'll also need:
• Solid experience in payment services compliance and demonstrable relevant knowledge
• The ability to convey complex issues and concepts in a clear and concise manner
• Strong people skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in teams and on complex programmes
• Influencing and conflict resolution skills
• A strategic approach, and the ability to translate concepts into effective processes
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.