SMR HR Lead
SMR HR Lead (6 Month contract)
Job Description: Our client is a leading banking business who are currently recruiting for a SMR HR Lead. The role holder will be accountable for leading the Senior Manager and Certification Regime across the HR function. To also ensure the compliance with the regulation and ensuring that the associated HR processes and documentation meets the requirements.
- Lead on ongoing awareness of the SM&CR across the Bank.
- Ensure that Bank colleagues continue to be fully aware of the impact and ramifications on their roles and behaviours resulting from the new regime, e.g. = Fitness & Propriety, Conduct Rules.
- Implement and embed revised HR processes/ develop new processes in line with PRA/FCA requirements to ensure compliance is maintained and high levels of competence within SMR are achieved.
- Ensuring MI, reporting and record keeping are managed/stored centrally in one place to ensure accuracy, efficiency and accessibility are consistently achieved.
- Oversee training and communications, ensuring colleagues continue to be engaged and trained to achieve the highest levels of competence and compliance with the regulations.
- Develop and implement controls, as required to ensure ongoing compliance/ competency.
- Reporting to the regulator(s) as required, ensuring all the time full compliance with all the regulations associated with the SM&CR.
- Continue to identify and define ongoing requirements from the SM&CR.
- Continue to review HR processes, e.g. = pre-employment checks, breach reporting, performance management and identify gaps/ areas of concern.
- Act as the ‘go to’ person within SM&CR, providing leadership, direction and expertise to all key stakeholders across the Bank.
- Develop and maintain highest levels of trust and confidence across the Bank
- Experience in implementing and embedding SMR
- Ability to build strong relationships within a challenging and dynamic environment across the most senior stakeholders within the Bank
- Strong knowledge of the UK Retail Financial Services and Banking Sectors
- Subject matter expert in the Senior Manager and Certification Regime and strong Regulatory knowledge