Head of Risk and Compliance
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.
Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is seeking to recruit a Head of Risk and Compliance to join our Oxford office. Details about the role are given below.
About the role
Reporting to our General Counsel and Company Secretary, the Head of Risk and Compliance will be responsible for assisting the Senior Management Team and the wider business in identifying, assessing, reporting and containing risk through the implementation and execution of the ERM and governance framework including design and delivery of a compliance risk assessment process and the completion of routine compliance control testing and monitoring.
They will also contribute to the design and implementation of policies and governance and deliver training across the business and to each of the countries within which OPM operates.
The main objectives of the role are to:
- Review and refine ERM Framework and compliance programme and implement across the organisation
- Lead compliance testing and monitoring
- Ensure OPM policies and processes are up to date and embedded across the organisation
- Design and deliver risk and compliance training across the business
- Monitor risk management across the business and ensure comprehensive reporting to management
This will be achieved by, among other things:
- Managing the implementation of all aspects of the risk function, including implementation of the ERM and Governance Framework and processes, tools and systems to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor and report risks.
- Monitoring major and critical risk issues and implementation and progress of agreed mitigation strategies. Reporting on risk management, mitigation implementation, and near misses management and ownership of risk at all levels within the organisation. Escalating as appropriate.
- Designing and delivering an appropriate training programme across the business on all risk and compliance issues including the ERMF anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, data protection, competition, modern slavery.
- Translating business requirements and functional needs into business/reporting and system specifications. Updating and reviewing company policies to ensure they are in line with legislative requirements and meet business needs.
- Providing input into organisational redesign, defining roles and responsibilities and ensure processes have risk management/ compliance/governance controls embedded.
- Undertaking audits of offices, projects and functions to ensure that processes and procedures are being followed appropriately including annual review of overseas’ offices compliance programme and the OPM supplier due diligence process.
- Conducting investigation of matters reported through the whistleblowing procedures.
A full description is available on this link. We strongly advise that you read it in full to ensure your understanding of the role’s requirement.
Skills and requirements
The successful candidate for this role would need to demonstrate:
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Relevant extensive experience encompassing all avenues of risk, governance and control and exposure to various risk methodologies
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels
- Advanced IT skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to understand complex regulation guidelines and report on them appropriately
- Positive and proactive attitude. Able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
The below would be a plus:
- Project management skills
- Experience in managing risk programmes in diverse geographical locations including low and middle- income countries
- Experience of managing global IT risk strategy
This position can be full-time or 4 days/week based in our office in Oxford, UK. Please note that successful candidate must by the start of their employment have permission to work in the UK.
OPM offer a rewarding, interesting and collaborative work environment and excellent benefits including 30 days holiday entitlement and a good pension scheme.
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch the video above to see what our colleagues have to say.
To submit an application please fill out the form online and submit the requested documents. We cannot accept applications submitted via email.
Thank you for considering OPM and we wish you all the best for your application.