Compliance Manager & MLRO – Retail and/or Corporate Banking Experience Needed
Our Client, the branch office of a foreign Corporate & Retail Bank, is looking for a Compliance Manger and MLRO to take responsibility for all Compliance matters across all of their UK Subsidiary business activities, holding SMF17. Reporting directly to the UK Managing Director and managing a team, duties will include:
• Ensure Money Laundering policies and procedures are adhered to and act as MLRO including dealing with a reporting of all SARs.
• Ensuring that KYC procedures are robust and that EDD is conducted according to best practice.
• Ongoing close review of all legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments or changes that might affect the Bank and its operations, and ensuring the Board and management are fully briefed on these and that it has regard to them when taking decisions.
• Preparing updates and reports for senior management, management committees and for board–level committees including the Board Risk and Compliance Committee and the Board Audit Committee
• Management and execution of the compliance monitoring programme; producing reports and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise.
• Work with the business to develop commercially sensitive compliance procedures and controls, providing commercially orientated compliance advice and lead or participate in relevant projects.
You should either be CF11 or SMF17 registered (or previously held such) looking to have a hands-on role with a broad remit and Board level exposure & influence or else you should have at least 5 years AML compliance experience covering one or more of Retail Banking, Corporate Banking, Trade Finance or Correspondence Banking and now be looking to take your first step into a registered function (SMF17).
If you would like to know more about this opportunity please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Symes Collins – Part of the Compliance Recruitment Solutions Group
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.