Corporate Governance & Regulatory Officer
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
Were looking for a Corporate Governance & Regulatory Officer to join us in London
you'll be a trusted advisor on all corporate governance and regulatory matters to the Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Executive Committee and the CPB CEO
The Governance and Regulatory Academy will support your training and development in the department
Some flexible working may be available in this role, including working from home
What you'll do
you'll be uniquely placed to help connect CPB to the wider bank and make sure the right information gets to the right people at the right time to support good decision making. you'll work closely with the Regulator & Control Function Liaison team in relation to the management of regulatory matters and you'll support the CPB CEO in the discharge of her regulatory obligations.
Your role will also entail:
• Providing strategic insights and making sure information is shared to CPB Leadership - and in some cases the bank board and Executive Committee (ExCo) on matters of interest to regulators
• Being a point of contact for global regulators and senior stakeholders
• Contributing to the Corporate Governance & Regulatory Affair strategy
• Providing high level professional support and advice to CPB Leadership, including board and committee papers and other internal briefings
• Supporting, advising and challenging on bank strategy, key programmes and regulatory matters
The skills you'll need
you'll bring strong evidence of extensive senior stakeholder engagement and influencing up to board and ExCo level, and you'll have knowledge of the regulatory requirements pertaining to complex listed financial service organisations. Along with an understanding of the corporate governance activities required within in a financial services environment, you'll have experience of the banking industry, and the regulatory and commercial environment.
you'll also demonstrate:
• A thorough understanding of the CPB business and how the bank operates
• Proven capability to manage operational, business specific and regulatory priorities effectively and deliver under pressure
• The ability to translate complex information into business focused intelligence and advice on corporate governance and regulatory matters
• A robust understanding of risk management principles and risk culture
• Decisiveness and sound judgement on a consistent basis
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.