Head of Investments and CASS Advisory
Join us as Head of Investments & CASS Advisory in Bristol
This key, senior role will make you a trusted advisor to the franchises and legal entities in RBS where Client Assets and Money Protection – known as CASS – activity takes place
This is a chance to become a thought leaders for global advice in RBS, and to bring your expertise and experience to bear in influencing some of our most senior decision makers
you'll also develop and lead a high performing team of ten in shaping the future direction of investments and funds
What you'll do
This key role will give you ownership of CASS compliance, providing strategic conduct and regulatory advice which maintains a focus on the customer while driving the compliance agenda. you'll shape and implement a product lifecycle operating model for investment products which is compliant, customer focused and commercial, and allows for timely regulatory advice, analysis, oversight and challenge from design to post sales review. you'll also make sure we have the right principles, methodologies and frameworks in place for investments, and will make sure that all associated regulatory, conduct and reputational risks are understood and we'll managed. All of this will give you a major voice in the future direction of investment advice in RBS.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Driving and enhancing a proactive risk management capability and culture to understand, oversee and critically assess and challenge our business models and strategy from a customer outcomes perspective
• Membership of relevant governance forums to challenge the business on strategy, adherence to conduct risk appetite, adherence to rules and regulation, policy compliance and the authenticity of remediation
• Making sure that all upstream risks which affect the investment business are identified, tracked and managed, and that the business management understand the impact and implementation requirements when needed
• Representing the bank at external forums ensuring, and taking a full part in regulatory consultative exercises or initiatives
• Drafting the pan bank CASS policy and training materials, reviewing them periodically to make sure they remain fit-for-purpose, including incorporating the results of holistic reviews of CASS breaches
• Maintaining oversight and challenging on the interpretation and implementation of any change that impacts CASS compliance, and on the due diligence carried out on custodians and third party providers
The skills you'll need
Were looking for someone with a deep knowledge of both the relevant investment products – bonds, pensions, discretionary managed services, structured products, equities, ETP, fixed income, options, futures and FX – and the relevant regulations and industry practice connected with investments, client asset, client money, insolvency code and FSCS rules. You should hold an ICA Diploma in Governance, Risk & Compliance, together with another relevant investment management, securities or trust law qualification. While not essential, wider compliance or conduct risk experience in a retail or wholesale banking environment would also be desirable. we'll also expect:
• Strong experience in leadership roles, with a proven capacity to manage, motivate and develop individuals and teams
• A track record of achievement and delivery, with significant business or operational experience
• Proven ability to manage and influence business stakeholders on conduct matters
• The ability to make sound decisions based on expertise and knowledge
What else you need to know
This role will make you the certified person for compliance advisory oversight of the investment proposition and CASS.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles – find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Senior Manager Regime (SMR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to approval and regulation. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment, as we'll as approval by the FCA.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".