Corporate Governance & Regulatory Manager
Join us in London as a Corporate Governance & Regulatory Manager
• Youll act as a trusted adviser on regulatory and corporate governance issues pertaining to NatWest Markets (NWM)
• We'll look to you to provide support, guidance and advice on NWM’s corporate governance activity and regulatory interactions while maintaining NWM’s relationships with regulators
• This is a unique opportunity to have a genuine impact on the bank, and you'll provide strategic insights to ensure that there is the timely sharing of information to NWM Leadership on matters of interest to regulators
What you'll do
As a Corporate Governance & Regulatory Manager, you'll act as a NWM point of contact for global regulators and senior stakeholders. Youll coordinate corporate governance matters and regulatory engagements for NWM, ensuring relevant individuals are aware of issues of importance to regulators, driving consistency and alignment. Youll also be required to act as Secretary for NWM committees and fora, and provide specific corporate governance advice in relation to regional governance matters as required.
As we'll as this, you'll:
• Provide professional support and advice to the NWM Board, committees and leadership including producing concise, high quality board and committee papers and other internal briefings as required
• Contribute to the strategy, key programmes and regulatory matters pertaining to NWM
• Support the NWM business with the management of the NWM legal entity hierarchy, ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and listing requirements, while working with the business to support legal entity rationalisation
• Advise on material regulatory reviews, enforcement actions and other investigations as required for NWM
• Oversee the successful execution of the NWM’s responses to regulator reviews and requests
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with experience of senior stakeholder engagement and influencing up to and including Board and ExCo level. Along with knowledge of the regulatory requirements pertaining to complex listed financial service organisations, you'll understand the corporate governance activities required within a financial services environment.
In addition to this, you'll have:
• Experience of the banking industry, regulatory and commercial environment
• An in-depth understanding of the NWM business
• The ability to manage operational, business specific and regulatory priorities effectively, and to deliver under pressure
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.