Compliance Manager – Monitoring
My client is part of an international financial services organisation that provides a variety of cash loans as well as other financial products. The group employs over 3,000 people across the UK, United States and Canada in over 300 locations
They are currently seeking a compliance manager who will support the Head of Compliance in defining and delivering the annual compliance monitoring plan to ensure the firm meet all of their regulatory obligations.
The role will support a wide spectrum of business units; collections; loans and underwriting, stores and customer services (including complaints).
- Deliver the compliance monitoring and testing outputs agreed in the annual compliance risk monitoring plan by carrying out relevant reviews as allocated
- Provide guidance and support through monitoring to the wider business to ensure it complies with its obligations in relation to the regulatory bodies of the FCA, CCA and ICO
- Provide assurance to the business that they are adhering to the agreed policies and procedures
- Provide information for use in regular compliance reporting
- Conduct routine outcomes testing of high risk activities and associated line 1 controls
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations as required, completing root cause analysis to identify any possible systemic issues. Add hoc investigations could result from a testing/monitoring review or through a review of operational MI.
- Work with other team members on projects to advise on post implementation monitoring requirements
- Ensuring adequate records are maintained for all monitoring carried out the business and that actions are followed through and tested
- Ensure that all external audits from whatever source are retained and that appropriate management response and actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Work with the HoC to produce a risk based annual compliance plan
- Train other team members to undertake monitoring activities as and when required.
- Act as SME to the business on all monitoring related queries; promoting a culture of compliance across the firms’ strategic business units and ensuring that the outcomes are embedded within all activities as a matter of course
- Comprehensive understanding of the consumer finance and debt collections sector
- Strong understanding on the implementation of compliance monitoring frameworks
- Experience of working and delivering monitoring in line with the expectations of an FCA regulated environment
- Confident to work autonomously
- Able to train other team members in general monitoring
The role is based in Leeds but will involve occasional travel to Nottingham. Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
There will be no initial direct management of staff initially but this could change further down the line. They are also looking for someone who is willing to expand their knowledge across the wider compliance aspects to assist with succession planning but the primary focus is monitoring
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Richard Abelson on 0161-883-2748 or send through your CV to email@example.com