Internal Controls Officer
The EIB, the European Union's bank is seeking to recruit for its Financial Control Directorate (FC) – Internal Controls and Assertion Division (FC/-/ICA), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Internal Controls Officer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs,
with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Internal Controls and Assertion Division’ role is dedicated to a pro-active focus on the Bank’s Internal Control Framework (ICF) across its services. The Division coordinates also the Bank’s efforts in the context of assertion and representation letters to be issued to third parties. By doing so it provides a significant contribution to the management of the Bank’s operational risks and its new product approval processes.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team and will report to the Head of Division. S/he will have regular contacts with all services across the Bank involved in internal control frameworks, operational risks, assertions and new products.
- Contribute to the development of the overall strategy of the Internal Controls Framework within the EIB. Take part to development of standards, methodologies, documentation and tools required for ICF’s across the Bank.
- Contribute to the implementation and the monitoring of the above.
- Take a greater responsibility for assigned function(s) with the Bank in order to improve the quality and completeness of the ICF and ensure that it provides adequate coverage of the Bank activities over time.
- Contribute to creating appropriate awareness in the organisation on the importance of ICF
- Propose new initiatives and projects based on best practice.
- Implement ICF’s initiatives and run key operational processes in the most effective and efficient way.
- Develop, improve and implement processes, procedures and IT systems.
- Contribute to the establishment of a central repository of key controls.
- Advise on verification strategy regarding effectiveness/execution of controls.
- Produce key risk/key control indicators.
- Contribute to operational risk reporting and follow up.
- Participate in the coordination of the issuance of assertion and representation letters.
- Build constructive relationships with assigned portfolio and develop network within the bank.
- Keep up to date with latest developments and trends regarding ICF.
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or any related discipline.
- Minimum 3 to years of relevant experience gained in an internal control or risk function in a financial institution, with former experience of 3/4 years in internal audit or risk & control advisory services
- Strong banking knowledge with specific expertise in lending operations, treasury/capital markets and/or financial risk management.
- Capacity to assess internal control environment in relation to Bank’s IT General and Application controls would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
Use the 'apply' button for more information and to apply, selecting Job ID 104287.
Deadline for applications: 17th July 2017
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates; irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
More jobs like this
- Executive Risk Manager Corporate Banking jobs in London (Central)
- Executive Risk Manager Investment Banking jobs in London (Central)
- Executive Risk Manager Operational Risk jobs in London (Central)
- Executive Risk Manager Private Banking / Wealth Management jobs in London (Central)
- Executive Risk Manager Banking jobs in London (Central)