Senior AML Advisory Analyst
Join us in Edinburgh as a Senior AML Advisory Analyst
• This is an exciting opportunity to use your subject matter expertise to help shape our business, by joining us in Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Advisory in Business & Commercial Banking
• You'll be taking on a new challenge and achieving excellent exposure in this important area of our bank
• You'll have a critical part to play in helping to ensure the minimisation of AML risks and curtailment of breaches of laws and policy standards.
• You'll ultimately be protecting us from criminal use, making sure were operating correctly from a regulatory and legislative point of view, all whilst helping us make our bank simple for our customers
What you'll do
You'll assist the Head of AML Advisory, within Business & Commercial Banking, to own, develop and ensure that the risk and control governance framework and strategy is in place for the Business & Commercial Banking sectors, in line with overall second line of defence oversight and control objectives.
You'll provide advice and guidance on all aspects of AML to the business and ensure theres robust adherence to the AML risk appetite, policy standards and all relevant external AML laws, regulations and industry guidance across the Retail sector, ensuring that the sector remains compliant.
In this role you'll:
• Provide expert advice to the first line business on AML risk management and undertake the interpretation of AML policy standards and industry guidance
• Assess and assure the effective management of AML risks and controls across the sector
• Assist in the drafting of advisory reports to appropriate forums
• Analyse New Product Risk Assessments from a financial crime perspective, feeding that analysis to management for challenge and oversight process - a key part of the overall development of pre-emptive AML risk management across the sector
• Proactively identify areas where improvements can be made to AML processes and procedures, to encourage higher standards and support positive customer outcomes
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, it is absolutely essential that you have a background in AML, with a high level of relevant AML technical knowledge and preferably a relevant AML qualification, e.g. ICA diploma/certificate. You'll need a comprehensive understanding of RBS and in particular, Financial Crime. With the proven capability to manage priorities effectively and to work to a high standard under pressure, you'll be able to demonstrate decisiveness and sound judgement on a consistent basis.
You'll also have:
• The ability to communicate, engage and influence peers and senior managers
• Adaptability and flexibility to ensure the focus of the Financial Crime activities is kept relevant and appropriate
• SME knowledge of the bank’s regulators and relevant regulations
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.