Head of Corporate Governance & Regulatory Liaison
Join us in London as The Head of Corporate Governance & Regulatory Liaison
• Youll be recognised as a trusted adviser on all corporate governance and regulatory matters to the NatWest Markets ExCo and the NatWest Markets CEO
• This is a unique opportunity to help connect NatWest Markets (NWM) to the wider bank, and ensure the right information gets to the right people at the right time to support good decision making
• This role offers significant exposure, and youll work closely with the regulator and Control Function Liaison team in relation to the management of regulatory matters
What youll do
Well look to you to oversee the provision of support, guidance and advice to NWM’s corporate governance activity and regulatory interactions. Youll manage NWM’s relationships with regulators in multiple jurisdictions, and provide strategic insights to ensure that there is the timely sharing of information to the NWM leadership team.
• Act as point of coordination for corporate governance matters and regulatory engagement for NWM, ensuring relevant individuals are aware of issues of importance to regulators, driving consistency and alignment
• Provide support, advice and challenge on strategy, key programmes and regulatory matters pertaining to NWM
• Act as Secretary for NWM committees and fora, and provide specific corporate governance advice in relation to regional governance matters as required
• Provide professional support and advice to NWM committees and leaders, and produce concise, high quality Board and committee papers and other internal briefings as required
• Support the NWM business with the management of the NWM legal entity hierarchy ensuring compliance with legal, regulatory and listing requirements, while working with the business to support legal entity rationalisation
The skills youll need
Were looking for someone with experience of extensive senior stakeholder engagement and influencing up to and including Board and ExCo level. Along with knowledge of the regulatory requirements pertaining to complex listed financial service organisations, youll understand the corporate governance activities required within a financial services environment.
In addition to this, youll have:
• Experience of the banking industry, regulatory and commercial environment
• An in-depth understanding of the NWM business
• The ability to manage operational, business specific and regulatory priorities effectively, and to deliver under pressure
• An understanding of legal, regulatory and listing requirements relating to the NWM business and related laws and regulations
• The ability to translate complex information into business focussed intelligence on corporate governance and regulatory matters
• Robust and comprehensive understanding of risk management principles
How well reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks