Commercial Innovation Manager – Accuity – London
Accuity Risk & Compliance Product Management
Accuity offers a suite of innovative solutions for payments and compliance professionals, from comprehensive data and software that manage risk and compliance, to flexible tools that optimize payments pathways. With deep expertise and industry-leading data-enabled solutions from the Fircosoft, Bankers Almanac and NRS brands, our portfolio delivers protection for individual and organizational reputations. Part of The RELX Group, one of the world’s leading business information and data providers, Accuity has been delivering solutions to banks and businesses worldwide for 180 years.
Innovation are an expanding fully funded division within Accuity. In a fast moving market, its mission is to understand, test and validate how our customers’ needs are changing, and along with the product teams, define paths to delivery. The Product Manager is responsible for identifying potential opportunities – via both internal and external sources - and then running them through the initial stages of product discovery such that the Accuity Product Portfolio has a clear grasp on all aspects of the concept as it progresses towards delivery.
Market & Client Requirements - Financial regulation is constantly changing, as are the approaches adopted by our clients to address them.
- Identify potential new opportunities in the market place; create case for exploration. Work with existing product teams to identify potential product or market extensions. Identify potential partnership opportunities with customers or new technology companies.
- Validating customer problems, drafting personas and value propositions
- Working in an autonomous team, explore customer hypotheses for given opportunity. This can include both technical and commercial exploration. Ensuring findings are fed back clearly with a view to maximising ROI.
Product Discovery – Customer needs and problems are also continuously changing. This role is responsible for going through the customer validation and product discovery process.
- Expanding hypotheses into assumptions and proving the value offering through experimentation and customer validation
- Working with the team to draft, design and present prototype solutions to customer and verify product-market fit
- Validate prototypes with existing or new customers working in collaboration with Sales teams as needed. Communicate findings to wider business, assisting in definition required for production delivery process.
- Clearly identify and recommend go-to-market routes and commercial opportunities to be explored by the Accuity Product Portfolio
Subject Matter Expertise - The area of Financial Risk and Compliance is complex and changing. This role is to be seen as the Subject Matter Expert, allowing internal teams and clients alike to benefit from this insight.
- Emphasis on staying on top of market trends and communicating across wider business.
- Represent Accuity externally if required.
Key Skills Required:
- Proven product management capability with experience of early stage product development and validation
- Strong analytical capabilities in order to condense large volumes of information into the actionable insight.
- A creative problem solver. Self-motivated and enthusiastic. Results driven.
- Ability to drive an opportunity from ambiguous concept to real-world impact.
- Strong relationship and people management capabilities; comfortable with collective decision making.
- Highly effective communicator, both written and verbal, across a range of differing stakeholders.
- Possesses a resilient personality and reacts well under pressure.
- High emotional intelligence. Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to operate with tact and diplomacy to achieve a desired outcome. Able to gain commitment and confidence from teams who are not direct reports.
- Able to manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise workload and use time affectively.
- Ability to handle changing requirements and unforeseen problems rapidly, positively and calmly.
- Proven product management experience within a B2B environment essential.
- Experience within the area of financial services regulation and compliance desirable.
- Experience within the area of data and analytics products desirable.
- Experience with experimental and/or data driven decision making processes desirable.
Please apply for this role using the 'Apply' button.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries
More jobs like this
- Management Senior Risk Manager Enterprise Risk jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Senior Risk Manager Market Risk jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Senior Risk Manager Operational Risk jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Senior Risk Manager Risk Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Management Senior Risk Manager Financial Risk / Liquidity Risk jobs in London (Greater)