NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Risk Officer to join the team in Milton Keynes. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £30,500 - £34,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits.
NHBC is a special company, it performs a unique dual role, providing warranties and insurance to new homeowners and overseeing the technical standards by which new homes should be built.
These activities, conducted “under one roof”, create a highly unusual set of risks for the business which we have to manage effectively whilst working in the best interests of our policyholders and the homebuilding market as a whole. And we need to achieve this in an ever-changing world which creates new and varied challenges for us.
What are the responsibilities of the Risk Officer?
A new position has been created to help ensure that we continue to meet these challenges. Working within the Risk & Compliance team, the Risk Officer will be involved in wide-ranging elements of NHBC’s risk management “framework”, from the identification of emerging risks to the delivery of actions required to control them… and everything that needs to happen in between. In addition, the role will be instrumental in shaping and delivering plans to strengthen our risk management processes.
To do so, the person undertaking the role must work hand-in-hand with colleagues from across the business up to and including the Executive team.
What do we look for in a Risk Officer?
- Risk management experience within a financial services or building industry technical role.
- Experience of working with the business (First Line of Defence) in the development and operation of risk management and control processes.
- A good understanding and working knowledge of current risk management practices and techniques.
- An understanding of governance, risk and control frameworks.
- They will be pro-active, self-motivated, approachable and confident in communicating with people of all levels and experience.
- They will also have good analytical, interpretation and problem solving abilities and excellent written communication skills.
- Hands-on project management experience is also desirable.
We offer our Risk Officer a fantastic benefits package!
- In addition to a Salary of £30,500 - £34,000 (dependent on experience), the role provides an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the company’s future, deliver in a very interesting environment and gain career-building experience.
- 6% bonus
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Part funded private medical insurance.
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
Click ‘apply’ today for the opportunity to join the UK’s leading independent standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes as our Risk Officer.
NHBC is committed to the promotion of Equal Opportunities in all fields.