Economists, Directorate Risk Management
Functional area: Risk Management
The European Central Bank (ECB) is a team of teams working together to safeguard price stability and financial stability for millions of people. We offer varied opportunities and challenges in a people-centred working culture that gives you a voice and the remit to make an impact for Europe.
You will be part of the Risk Strategy Division, one of the two divisions in the Directorate Risk Management. The main responsibility of the Risk Strategy Division is to design, analyse and maintain the risk management frameworks and policies of Eurosystem credit operations and non-standard monetary policy measures. The Division also conducts regular reviews of all credit assessment systems accepted within the Eurosystem credit assessment framework (ECAF) and conducts credit risk analyses in the context of the asset purchase programme. In addition, the Division analyses structural developments in financial markets that are relevant to the risk management frameworks for Eurosystem monetary policy operations.
We are now looking for Economists to support the work of the Division.
As an Economist you will:
- contribute to preparing risk management dossiers and projects in the context of Eurosystem credit operations and non-standard monetary policy measures, in one or several of the following areas: eligibility requirements, valuation, haircuts, credit assessments and other risk control measures;
- contribute to developing and refining risk methodologies and frameworks that fall within the responsibility of the Risk Strategy Division;
- prepare and contribute to the production of ad hoc reports, analyses and other dossiers on risk management issues for the Eurosystem’s Risk Management Committee and its sub-structures, and for the ECB’s decision-making bodies;
- contribute to analysing structural and regulatory developments in financial markets and their implications for the Eurosystem’s financial risk management;
- contribute to other ad hoc tasks, including projects aimed at improving the infrastructure and business processes necessary for performing the work of the Division.
Qualifications and experience:
- a master’s degree in a relevant area, such as finance, economics or a quantitative field;
- a PhD or a generally recognised professional qualification in a relevant field would be an asset;
- ideally, three or more years’ relevant professional experience in risk management, financial analysis or a related field;
- proven working or academic experience developing and implementing analytical frameworks, databases and/or applications that could be used for risk management purposes;
- proven experience preparing briefing material, policy notes and presentations would be an asset;
- awareness of and an interest in the role and functioning of the ECB, as well as of the Eurosystem’s operational framework;
- an advanced-level command of English, with proven drafting ability;
- an intermediate-level command of at least one other official language of the EU;
- working knowledge of MS Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- working knowledge of programming and/or data manipulation languages relevant to financial applications (e.g. VBA, MATLAB, Python and SQL).
Competencies: You will also bring your ability to conceptualise, take initiative, manage projects, achieve objectives, communicate effectively and work as part of a team.
Further Information: Fixed-term contract until 31 May 2020, which may be extended or made permanent subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
We are willing to discuss part-time arrangements.
How to apply: Applications are to be made in English and submitted using our online application form. An "Applicants' Guide" can be downloaded from our recruitment pages.
For more information on how to apply, please use the 'apply' button
The recruitment process may include a pre-screening exercise, a written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Further information on the ECB's conditions of employment for fixed-term positions can be found at: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/what-we-offer/contract/fixed/html/index.en.html
Applications are accepted from nationals of Member States of the European Union.
The requirements laid down in the vacancy notice must be met by the closing date for applications.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill the same position again, or similar positions, within 12 months of the selection decision.
This position has been allocated to salary band: F/G
Closing Date for Applications: Wed, 5 Apr 2017
More jobs like this
- Management Technical Risk Manager Commercial & Retail Banking jobs in Germany
- Management Technical Risk Manager Corporate Banking jobs in Germany
- Management Technical Risk Manager Credit Risk jobs in Germany
- Management Technical Risk Manager Investment Banking jobs in Germany
- Management Technical Risk Manager Private Banking / Wealth Management jobs in Germany