Consumer Credit Analyst
Raphaels Bank is looking for a Consumer Credit Analyst who will be based at its head office in London, within the Bank’s Risk & Compliance team.
Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the Consumer Credit Analyst will be part of the second line Risk & Compliance Function, working collaboratively with but independently of the Lending Division’s management.
The Bank has a lending portfolio of low ticket consumer loans with a heavy bias towards the used car market. The successful candidate will be expected to take data generated by the Lending division and/or the Finance function and use it to produce good quality, accurate and insightful management information (MI) and analysis.
This MI and analysis will be used to help the executive management of the Bank and the Board understand significant trends in the business or variances in actual performance against budgets/forecasts. In addition, such analysis will also be used to help inform the Board in its discussions around what is an appropriate Risk Appetite for the Lending business and help monitor that the business is operating within approved tolerances.
While it is currently anticipated that all of the data required to enable the successful candidate to effectively discharge their responsibilities is being or can be generated by existing systems, the candidate will be expected to identify any material gaps in the data being produced and make appropriate recommendations on how such gaps can be closed.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the UK consumer finance market operating within a within Credit Risk analyst or similar role.
- Knowledge of how to assess risk across a Lending portfolio made up of low ticket, unsecured loans.
- Strong computer modelling skills.
- Some knowledge of the use of scorecards.
- Ability to interpret data, facts, patterns and trends to reach evidence-based decisions on the nature of the Credit risks facing the Bank.
- Ability to identify any material gaps in the data being produced and make appropriate recommendations on how such gaps can be closed.
- Ability to prioritise risks and opportunities in terms of probability, scale, significance, impact and distribution.
- Ability to remain up-to-date with current best practice in the field of Credit risk management.
- Ability to identify a range of possible tools and techniques to manage the Credit risks.
- Ability to implement plans and priorities to deliver risk management policy within agreed timescales and budgets.
ABOUT THE BANK
Raphaels Bank traces its roots back to 1787 and is one of the oldest independent banks in the UK. Today we operate as a dynamic, niche savings and lending bank and a well-established, market-leading payment services division.
Raphaels Bank is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
If you are interested in this role, please send us your CV outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role. Those applicants who do not send us a CV will not be considered.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we may receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate, therefore if you haven’t heard back from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Consumer Credit Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Executive Statistical Analyst Commercial & Retail Banking jobs in Hertfordshire
- Executive Statistical Analyst Corporate Banking jobs in Hertfordshire
- Executive Statistical Analyst Credit Risk jobs in Hertfordshire
- Executive Statistical Analyst Investment Banking jobs in Hertfordshire
- Executive Statistical Analyst Private Banking / Wealth Management jobs in Hertfordshire