Risk and Value Analyst
Risk and Value Analyst
£32,000 - £36,000
The Capacity Planning Programme Controls team is responsible for managing the £100m National timetabling business including one of Network Rail’s Top 7 National Change Programmes (Delivering a Better Timetable). The team is an engine of continuous improvement working closely with customers to both challenge and support others to improve using strong governance, audit and programme reporting tools.
This is a new team that is in the process of transitioning from a programme management office to a controls team for all of capacity planning.
The Risk and Value Analyst will be responsible for risk management for capacity planning and support the business and information team to facilitate risk management for both programmes and business as usual and hold people to account
The immediate objectives for the post will be to:
- Implement a new risk register and dashboard in the programmes team and report on progress.
- Tailor the risk register and management of to suit the business as usual functions
- Review and refresh the enterprise risks
- Support implementation of a governance framework
- Manage so that risk and value management on projects complies with the requirements of the corporate procedures
- Facilitate the identification and analysis of risk and value management interventions on projects and programmes, including lessons learned
- Carry out qualitative, quantitative and business risk assessments to give the best advice to project managers and sponsors
- Manage so that projects have a risk register, the risk data is accurate, timely and relevant and that appropriate risk treatments are in place and being acted upon
- Provide regular reports to Capacity Planning managers on the risk status of projects and programmes, and provide advice on the management of contingency
- Establish and co-ordinate a register of risk and value management activities
- Support the risk and value management processes in other departments and areas of the business
- Experience in the management of risk.
- Successful relevant experience in the management, planning or delivery of business processes and projects
- Ability to analyse and interrogate data and use data to support recommendations to management.
- Able to facilitate risk workshops and present findings to management.
- Good excel skills (Intermediate level)
- Good report writing skills
- Able to challenge people and data
- Ability to influence people and manage change
- Schedule risk analysis & cost risk analysis
- A working knowledge of investment programmes and project controls processes and systems
To apply, please click Below to visit our website.
Closing date: 22 February 2017.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, membership or non-membership of trade union, social class or any other irrelevant factor. We are committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are two ticks accredited and we continue to strive to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
More jobs like this
- Executive Technical Risk Manager Energy Risk jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive Technical Risk Manager Insurance Risk jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive Technical Risk Manager Operational Risk jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive Technical Risk Manager Risk Management jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive Technical Risk Manager Catastrophe Risk jobs in London (Greater)