Stress Testing Capital Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full time
We're looking for a Stress Testing Capital Manager to join us in Birmingham
• you'll be guiding the bank towards greater strength by uncovering vulnerabilities in our capital adequacy
• This intellectually challenging role will give you a deep knowledge of stress testing and reverse stress testing frameworks
• you'll also gain broad exposure across our businesses and products
What you'll do
Joining our Capital Analytics team, you'll be conducting deep dive reviews of portfolios, assets and models, applying various economic scenarios to judge our capital adequacy, and identifying vulnerabilities in our P&L and balance sheets. We support all areas of the bank and conduct reviews cross-business, so you'll apply your expertise to a broad variety of products, lending books and portfolios.
you'll also be:
• Looking into the performance of different products, and evaluating the returns on investments, to generate valuable business intelligence
• Preparing high quality reports and presenting your findings as compelling conclusions on our underlying risks, andproviding the early warning necessary to keep our businesses secure
• Working with senior Risk colleagues to drive delivery, and challenge our methodologies and assumptions, as we'll as the outcomes and implications of results
• Providing independent review and challenge to stress testing results, focusing on their overall credibility, and comparing results with different scenarios
• Following industry trends to inform and deepen your understanding of credit capital risk
The skills you'll need
This is highly quantitative work, and We're looking for someone with an educational and career track record that shows youre up to the task.
An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Physics, or Statistics is essential, and further postgraduate study would be welcome.You should also hold a relevant professional qualification, such as CFA status at level 2 or above, PRM, or FRM.
you'll also need:
• Working knowledge of accounting practices
• Experience in risk management or in a banking environment, and a track record working in credit risk, risk analytics, or as an equities analyst would be a good fit.
• A good understanding of stress testing, capital adequacy, P&L and balance sheets
• Broad knowledge of retail and wholesale credit products
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, enabling you to engage effectively with business stakeholders
• The ability to produce high quality reports for senior management committees, which convey complex analysis into meaningful conclusions
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.