Head of Risk
Champion of British Savers, Homeowners and SMEs
By using the deposits raised by British savers to help keep the housing market moving and fund the growth of British businesses, we’re a bank doing our bit to boost the British economy – ensuring that all our capital and funding remains in the UK.
By choosing Aldermore not only can our customers be sure of straightforward products they can expect exceptional service and consistently good rates as well. We are a challenger bank, the fastest growing in the UK and very different from traditional high street banks.
We’re only five years old and have come from twenty five employees to over seven hundred across twelve UK locations.
At Aldermore we value expertise. Supporting the risk management of the live client portfolio within Invoice Finance, you will apply a balanced and effective approach to credit that will maximise growth and minimise loss. Leading a team of Risk Managers and Auditors, you will oversee the identification and escalation of potential issues using such tools as Risk Factor, On-site Audits, C3 and external agencies. Also supporting the day to day management of wider business credit processes in the regions, you will engender a positive and professional working environment that attracts quality staff to join us and progress.
This is a senior role for a Head of Risk to support the Credit & Risk Director of the Invoice Finance division within one of the most innovative and fastest growing banks in the UK.
- The day to day risk management of the live Client portfolio through use of key operating and monitoring processes / systems ensuring Bad Debt performance is in line or better than budget.
- Management of Audit team and Regional Risk Managers to ensure delivery of key risk controls inclusive of maintenance of Audit & Survey capability across the regions.
- Day to day involvement in the regions and the wider businesses credit process to ensure that business is underwritten in line with Aldermore’s credit appetite.
- Operate within agreed mandate authorities for both new and in life credit processes ensuring rigorous yet commercial credit decisions are achieved at all times.
- Ensure service supports regional client managers across all locations of in identification and escalation of risk issues.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and by working with other members of the Risk teams, and wider business, to deliver these into BAU.
- Engender a positive and professional working environment that encourages quality staff to join Aldermore and develop within the business.
- Engage and maintain relations with external professional suppliers / supporters in order to ensure relevant professional support can be obtained as required.
Atmosphere – great, dynamic – yes, varied day – but of course. In order to become effective quickly in this fast moving environment, you will need to have ABFA or equivalent accounting or auditing qualifications plus an invoice finance/ABL background heavily bias towards client management and risk. Able to make robust and commercial credit decisions and challenges to financial and operational information, you must have a proven track record of pre and post lend reporting and risk identification. Experience of recovery processes in an invoice finance related business will also be required. Strong people management wills will be absolutely essential.
Reliable in your commitment, expert in your field, dynamic in your approach and straightforward in your outlook? Aldermore is where you should be.
You must have full eligibility to work in the UK. No agencies please.
More jobs like this
- Management Head of Risk Commercial & Retail Banking jobs in Merseyside
- Management Head of Risk Credit Risk jobs in Merseyside
- Management Head of Risk Risk Management jobs in Merseyside
- Management Head of Risk Banking jobs in Merseyside
- Management Head of Risk Financial Risk / Liquidity Risk jobs in Merseyside