This job is no longer available
Making the switch to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of putting your expertise to the test with the one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers 2012’ and UK's largest closed life assurance & pension fund consolidator.
Operating in a market that has an estimated value of £190 billion, we’re a fast developing FTSE listed company, fully intent on becoming a ‘best in its class’ financial and risk management enterprise.
Enjoying a broad based management role, with a group wide remit, your brief will focus on the financial risks arising from the operations of Phoenix Life and our Corporate Office.
Specifically, this will involve:
- Ownership and responsibility for delivering assurance, oversight and challenge to financial risk owners, including Heads of Function and their deputies
- The provision of best practice advice and guidance to the business on financial matters
- Accountability for the design, implementation, maintenance and subsequent communication of a robust risk management framework
- Responsibility for delivering specialist risk reviews to provide assurance and challenge across a range of financial risk issues concerned with the operation of the framework
As a qualified actuary or accountant, who is accustomed to reporting and presenting at senior management/executive level, you must have relevant experience in the finance or actuarial functions of an insurance company and be able to demonstrate:
- A genuine and practical understanding of specialist financial risk related fields, such as capital and/or asset liability management
- A good broad based knowledge of regulatory requirements, with a particular emphasis on prudential regulation
- Excellent communication and proven leadership skills, along with plenty of gravitas and high levels of commercial acumen
- Familiarity with Solvency II and a successful track record in delivering a quality product/service to set budgets and timescales
In return, you can look forward to excellent rewards and genuine prospects in a business that’s able to offer you a first rate future.
To apply online, simply upload your CV and current/expected salary details by clicking on the apply now button below.