Risk and Compliance Manager
CorporatePay delivers market leading commercial prepaid card solutions that enable clients to maximise their profitability by designing and delivering world-class programmes that transform how they manage payments with their employees, suppliers, customers and citizens. CorporatePay products include both ‘off-the-shelf’ and customised solutions to meet clients’ individual needs, delivering significant efficiencies and to provide a range of benefits for all, regardless of size and industry. Based in Hammersmith, West London, CorporatePay was formed in 2008 and has grown rapidly into a profitable, leading edge digital payments company. Recently acquired in May 2012 by WEX Inc (a NYSE listed organisation), CorporatePay is now embarking on a very exciting period of rapid expansion – they are looking for people with ‘can-do’ attitudes to join an innovative, fast moving and ambitious team. WEX brings with it all of the capabilities, financial weight, client and market reach expected in a NYSE listed organisation.
As a financial services company, risk management is a core area of focus within CorporatePay; our client must ensure they operate their card programmes in a fully compliant manner, protecting both themselves and their clients from any risk of fraud, and that they operate their card programmes. In this context, the risk area covers: Fraud prevention & detection on card loading and spending, KYC/KYB at onboarding and on an ongoing basis, Internal AML policy and practices and Regulatory compliance of programmes including T&C’s. The Risk and Compliance Manager is a new role within the business and will require the successful candidate to take ownership of this new function, defining and developing it to ensure it continues to serve the needs of the organisation as it continues to expand and evolve. You will be required to challenge and direct other business areas to ensure the correct rigour is applied, achieving the balance between compliant operations and successful deliverability. Working with the internal teams as well as suppliers and partners, the successful candidate will ensure a best in breed function is created. Reporting to the Head of Operations, the main purposes of this role are to bring together activities currently split across several other teams, to provide CorporatePay teams with clear guidance on regulatory issues affecting daily business activities, creating a risk framework to be adhered to, whilst minimising the cost of compliance as well as the cost of fraud.
In this role you will:
- Oversee fraud monitoring enhancing practices and procedures as deemed necessary.
- Review the Compliance Training Manual then develop and deliver training segments.
- Prepare for annual Audits, working with other functions to establish current status, make any necessary changes, and implement KPI’s and reporting procedures.
- Manage Fraud prevention and detection, on both loading and spending, including rule setting with on-going investigation, analysis and refinement.
- Design, create and own KPIs relating to fraud and areas of revenue risk that are reported to the Management Team.
- Ensure ‘know your business’ and ‘know your customer’ tools and checks are in place for both on-boarding & existing customer base; including responsibility for tools and processes to ensure compliance, flagging and reporting any issues or breaches.
- Develop checking process to ensure all new programme launches are compliant, including the issue of T&Cs. Also providing advice in programme implementation and production of T&Cs.
- Develop and ensure AML policy and practices are in place, including providing the correct level of training for team members and that relevant support structures exist.
- Implement regular reporting of issues or breaches both internally and to regulators when required.
- Conduct regular reviews and make necessary changes to policies, procedures and/or documentation following any regulatory/other changes.
- Provide support on non-technical PCI DSS compliance reviews.
- Bachelor level or equivalent degree at 2.1 or equivalent from a top-tier university.
- Minimum or 2 years experience in financial services (ideally payments).
- Experience as a Fraud subject matter expert, within the payment card area is desirable.
- Skilled negotiator and effective communicator with an adaptive style; able to influence at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with senior business stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills essential.
- Organised with strong time management; a proven track record of handling multiple simultaneous tasks, in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of managing/coaching others an advantage.
- Desire to build a function.
More jobs like this
- Management Risk Reporting Commercial & Retail Banking jobs in Oxfordshire
- Management Risk Reporting Compliance jobs in Oxfordshire
- Management Risk Reporting Market Risk jobs in Oxfordshire
- Management Risk Reporting Risk Management jobs in Oxfordshire
- Management Risk Reporting Banking jobs in Oxfordshire