This job is no longer available
2 X Senior Internal Auditors
Permanent or Contract
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
Must have requirements:
- Qualified accountant with Financial Services experience.
- The successful candidate should have Financial Services Internal Audit or External Audit experience and have general risk management awareness in a regulated environment
First stage interviews will take place week beginning Monday 5th November, 2012
Our client, a FTSE 250 Financial Services business based in Gloucestershire, is looking to recruit two Senior Internal Auditors. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit the roles will provide independent assurance over the adequacy and effectiveness of control processes, throughout the organisation and its outsourced partners.
- Help to develop the annual audit plan which addresses the key areas of risk within the company.
- Conduct risk focused audits to identify and assess risks or control weaknesses and contribute to the continuous improvement of control processes.
- Engage regularly with key stakeholders to build enduring relationships.
- Contribute to the development and marketing of the Internal Audit function.
- Help to deliver the Annual Audit Plan as agreed by the Audit Committee.
- Deliver risk-based audits to agreed budgets and timescales.
- Deliver risk-based audits to the company and Institute of Internal Auditors professional standards.
- Track and follow up all agreed audit actions.
- Provide detailed input into regular Audit Committee and department reporting.
- Engage with stakeholders, throughout audits, to ensure they are kept up-to-date and are aware of emerging issues.
- Ensure that audit findings are discussed objectively and assertively with stakeholders, to agree solutions which balance risks, strategic objectives and commercial realities.
- Previous experience within the Financial Services Industry.
- Three years minimum Internal or External Audit experience.
- General risk management awareness.
- Experience of regulated environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to maintaining a consistently high level of performance.
- Maintain high professional standards to produce quality audit, on time and to budget.
- Use Risk and Control expertise to enhance business performance and meet corporate objectives.
- Recognised accountancy qualification.
- Solid understanding of IIA standards and Internal Audit methodology.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Visio.
- Full UK Driving License.
- Experience of using the COSO framework.
- Recognised Internal Audit qualification.
- Track record of using CAATs.
The role includes an element of travel to their operations across the UK and Ireland, although less than 25% of your time will be spent travelling.
If you feel you meet this criteria please call Mark Seymour on 07753 235626 or 01684 856839 for a confidential conversation or email email@example.com.