This job is no longer available
We are an exciting and innovative credit card provider who are part of a leading FTSE 250 Financial Group. We are extremely proud of the culture we have created here. Our people are working towards making the business a success through commitment, innovation and challenging experiences. This is a great role in a first-class business that supports employees, believes in treating people fairly, encourages team spirit and provides opportunities to develop.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Risk, your duties will comprise of:
· Delivery of operational risk assessments for project initiatives, risk register risks and business critical processes
· Ownership and analysis of the bank’s Risk and Control Self Assessment and Early Warning Bulletin processes
· Hold risk workshops with the business to gather required data
· Conducting appropriate due diligence / ongoing risk review of material outsource providers
· Helping to coordinate the Risk Committee and ExCo Risk Forum on a quarterly basis
· Creating and maintaining up to date reports for the Risk Committee including the ‘Risk Register’ and Key Risk Indicators for discussion at the Risk Committee
· Provide general support and respond to risk related queries from the business
· Assisting the Compliance team to conduct gap assessments against risk management related regulations if necessary
Skills and Experience
You will have the following skills and experience:
· A proven track record in operational risk analysis/management (at least 3 years)
· Experience of working within the Financial Services sector and working in a regulated environment
· Experience of working with all levels of staff including senior management / Directors / technical staff
· A professional qualification or training in Operational Risk e.g. from the Institute of Risk Management
· Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships both within the Bank and with external parties
· Strong written skills including report writing
You will be:
· Educated to A-Level or Degree Level (or equivalent)
· Flexible in your approach to work depending on business priorities
· An analytical thinker with a logical approach
· Ambitious and driven as well as a fast learner in order to understand the external market and industry in terms of risk management
· Dynamic with a “can do” approach
· Although primarily based in Chatham you must be free to travel to our London and Bradford offices as well as third party sites across the UK and Europe if required
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible as we are looking for people to start their careers with us in April. Send your CV to Neil Hollands, Human Resources, Vanquis Bank, 50 Pembroke Court, Chatham Maritime, Kent ME4 4EL.
Alternatively you can email your CV to us: email@example.com
Please note: Once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs. Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose. If you do not wish us to contact you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us.We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently. We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.
Closing Date: 10th October 2012