This job is no longer available
Derivative Risk Manager
£Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Making the switch to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of putting your expertise to the test with one of Britain’s top employers and the UK's largest closed life assurance fund consolidator. Operating in a market that has an estimated value of £190 billion, we’re in the midst of one of the most ambitious technology transformation programmes the industry has ever attempted, resulting in the type of scope and exposure you’d find hard to beat.
Supporting the Head of Investment Management with the management and oversight of derivative risks, you’ll ensure appropriate systems, controls, reporting and documentation is held for all derivative usage.
Specifically, the role of Derivative Risk Manager will involve:
· Developing and owning the derivative risk management policy.
· Leading on stress testing of derivative positions to input into the Risk Management Framework
· Reviewing asset management systems to ensure they are fit for purpose.
· Supporting senior management is assessing derivative effectiveness.
Preferably a qualified Accountant, with a deep understanding of financial services and the investment management marketplace, The Derivative Risk Manager will also demonstrate:
· Advanced knowledge of derivative usage within the insurance and asset management industry
· Knowledge of ALM methodologies and legal, tax and regulatory requirements.
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
In return, you can look forward to excellent rewards and genuine prospects in a fast developing FTSE listed company, fully intent on becoming a ‘best in class’ financial and risk management enterprise.