This job is no longer available
Senior Risk Analyst
Financial Services - Life Finance
£Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Superb Rural Location – Wythall, S.W. Midlands (Just off Junction3, M42)
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of joining one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers 2012’ and the chance to make the most of your undoubted risk and analytical expertise, in a unique setting - with the UK's largest closed life and pension fund consolidator.
Based in our Life Finance function – a department that is responsible for the financial reporting of over £60bn of assets and transactions with in excess of 6 million policyholders – your role will involve:
· Working in support of and deputising for the Finance Risk Manager, as well as supervising the activities of the Life Finance MI Analyst /Risk Trainee
· Providing a lead on the planning and delivery of the risk review programme across all areas of operation within Life Finance
· Regular liaison with line management in order to fully understand the levels of risk and exposure, along with the controls in place
· Preparing and undertaking high quality risk reporting, providing all key information, analysis and recommendations to enable the formulation of the Risk Review plan.
Probably a qualified accountant, audit or risk professional, with a solid understanding of the financial services industry/regulatory regimes, you must have:
· Relevant experience in a related risk/audit role, preferably within Life Finance, and extensive knowledge of internal controls.
· The ability to quickly identify levels of risk exposure and a proven track record in the planning, performance and reporting on risk reviews
· Strong communication, influencing, presentation, negotiating and relationship building skills, together with a good degree of PC literacy.
· The confidence and stature to provide a credible source of challenge and advice on risk and control matters
In return, you can look forward to excellent rewards and genuine prospects in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company, with an exciting future ahead.