This job is no longer available
The Manager/Senior Manager of Enterprise-wide Risk Management will be part of a team responsible for developing Enterprise-wide risk analytics, aggregating and reporting all risk types across the company (Credit Risk, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Business Risk, Reputation Risk), identifying key risks, and monitoring Enterprise-wide risk guidelines. The team supports the Enterprise-wide Risk Management Committee (highest risk governing body in the company), including its monthly meetings and regular risk updates to the Operating Committee and Board of Directors of American Express.
The incumbent will be working closely with Risk, Finance, Treasury, and Marketing teams across the company. In addition, the incumbent will work on regulatory issues within the US.
The position offers excellent opportunities to:
· Grow as a risk management professional: Learn cutting edge concepts and techniques used in modern portfolio risk management, apply them to American Express businesses, and track the impact of your actions.
· Gain breadth of experience: Enterprise Risk being a corporate function provides an excellent opportunity to work with various risk and business teams across American Express as well as with other staff functions such as Treasury, Corporate Planning, and HR and develop in-depth understanding of their businesses/responsibilities (Interest Expense Allocation, Investment Optimization, Capital Strategy, Equity Allocation, Structuring Large Corporate Credit Deals, Incentive Compensation)
· Solve exciting problems: Analyze risk-return trade-offs for large corporate deals, provide independent assessment of key risks faced by American Express, determine exposure and capital escalation thresholds for large institutional clients, help solve some of the most complex business problems arising at American Express.
· Gain knowledge of regulatory landscape in US: Support the Risk Oversight Group in managing regulatory relationship with Federal Reserve.
· Substantial interaction with senior AXP leaders and hence great opportunity to network and build a personal brand.
- Candidate should be energetic, very detail oriented and extremely motivated to contribute to the group and to learn cutting-edge financial and risk theory and tools.
- Candidates should have strong problem-solving and analytical skills as well as sharp business acumen and uncompromising work ethics.
- Prior experience in Management Consulting / Corporate Finance / Risk
- Management is highly desired. Superior communication skills are required.
- The candidate should be very comfortable with Excel and any previous experience with SAS / VBA will an added advantage.
- Candidates need to be very comfortable with the foundations of corporate finance and risk management.
- An advanced degree MBA/MS/PhD is highly desirable.
- 2-3 years prior experience in enterprise risk management or specific risk area highly desirable.